PDA

View Full Version : Copy Design

aparks
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
In CW Designer, I'm trying to copy a design from one project and put in in a new project. Copy and Paste doesn't seem to work, import from clipboard doesn't work either.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Allen

mtylerfl
04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
In CW Designer, I'm trying to copy a design from one project and put in in a new project. Copy and Paste doesn't seem to work, import from clipboard doesn't work either.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Allen

Hello Allen,

I've run into that before also (copy/paste not working all of a sudden). My solution was to simply close everything and re-start Designer, then re-open the projects I want to copy/paste between. The copy/paste functions seem to work fine after the re-start.

Try it and see if that works for you.

aparks
04-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Michael, your tip about restarting worked. Thanks!

The other thing I learned is that the "paste" function may take 2-3 seconds before it appears in the new project. It's not "instant" as in word processing. This may be due to my XP. But in any case, thanks for the help.

Digitalwoodshop
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Michael, your tip about restarting worked. Thanks!

The other thing I learned is that the "paste" function may take 2-3 seconds before it appears in the new project. It's not "instant" as in word processing. This may be due to my XP. But in any case, thanks for the help.

Could be due to what other programs you having running or how much RAM you have. I run XP with 1 Gig Ram no problems.

AL

ChrisAlb
04-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Also, I've noticed that if you copy from one and close it before pasting to the other, the copy is gone from the clipboard.

Also running XP with 1 GB Ram.

aparks
04-28-2008, 07:13 AM
That's another reason it wouldn't work for me -- I would copy and then close that project before opening the new one. This board is great! Thanks.

Allen