PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown for Cleaning

badger
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
I remember once seeing a post of someone breaking down the machine for cleaning and lubing showing the images on how its done. I just cant seem to find it anymore. Havent been able to hit any of the right search words.

Anyone remember? Thanks.

fwharris
04-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Try looking at the "tips and tricks". You can find them on the CW site and Carvebuddy.com

I remember once seeing a post of someone breaking down the machine for cleaning and lubing showing the images on how its done. I just cant seem to find it anymore. Havent been able to hit any of the right search words.

Anyone remember? Thanks.

GREG123
04-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Try looking at the "tips and tricks". You can find them on the CW site and Carvebuddy.com

Speaking about Tips & Tricks - I'm trying to use my new computer & VISTA software with my CC and am having some REAL Problems that some of you might have had also. I did a program dump from my old machine to my new DELL/Vista a few months ago and did my first attempt at carving today. I was running WINDOWS XP on my old computer with a 17" monitor. I now have a 22" monitor (if that means anything)
I had a 12" X 24" design alread loaded in and I added some text and then put my CC to work. NOT !! The text on my monitor looked GREAT - about 1" or so high and four lines worth that would fill a space of 12" X 12" (I had a design already carved on the right side of the board) It started carving and the first letter was about a 1/2" high and before I could stop it - it started carving the second letter below it !!
I read that some of you are NOT have problems with VISTA and some are. I take it that the CC Program is compatible with VISTA ? Should I have loaded in the program off of the disc rather than computer transfer? Are my OLD XP designs compatible with VISTA ? Is the 22" monitor causing some of these problems ???
That's too many questions isn't it ???? sorry.... I may have ruined a good piece of OAK and I'm aaaarrrrgggghhhh. My fault - I should have testing a cut before tearing into the Oak....

greg123

Jeff_Birt
04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't see what your problems have to do with Vista. Been using it with Designer for many months now. I transferred everything over like you did, but had to re register the software (as I am sure you did).

Unexpected scaling problems are normally due to your 'virtual board' in Designer being the same size as your real board in the machine.. then you tell the machine to stay under rollers so it scales your project accordingly.

If you can post your MPC and the size of wood you were using, someone may be able to provide more insight.

ChrisAlb
04-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Also, don't rely on what you "see" on the screen for text or any other pattern sizes. Different size monitors using different resolutions will fool you. Use the dimension boxes in Designer to actually set the heights/widths. If you want 2" tall text, set it to 2" tall.

badger
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Even though I got sidetracked on this topic I did find it at Carvebuddy.com

Thanks fwharris and the Carvebuddy

oldman
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I tried using Vista as the os but when I tried to draw a circle I would get a gui.exe error. I emailed tech support and received back a couple of fixes, open CW and under edit you will see perferences set the cauch to 256 and turn off the hardware accec (under 3d) to off.This may help, there is a know bug in the software when you try to draw a circle, I finally went back to XP and have not had ant problems. The tech's answer was CW was not written for Vista.