PDA

View Full Version : Coreldraw 8?

alpmeadow
04-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Golden Greetings
A newby with an old problem. I have an old version Coreldraw8 that worked well with w98 however it never loaded properly on my XP computer so it was dumped and I have adobe cs2. What tricks are needed to load coreldraw8 successfully onto a xp machine?(I started with coreldraw3 many years ago). CW seems to like coreldraw, and it sure had alot of clipart with it.

I fear the day when I get a new vista computer and sees what it will do to my old software and its graphics conflicts!

Thanks for your knowledge and assistance.
Cheers
alpmeadow

eromran
04-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Golden Greetings
A newby with an old problem. I have an old version Coreldraw8 that worked well with w98 however it never loaded properly on my XP computer so it was dumped and I have adobe cs2. What tricks are needed to load coreldraw8 successfully onto a xp machine?(I started with coreldraw3 many years ago). CW seems to like coreldraw, and it sure had alot of clipart with it.

I fear the day when I get a new vista computer and sees what it will do to my old software and its graphics conflicts!

Thanks for your knowledge and assistance.
Cheers
alpmeadowI have Corel 8 along with the newer corel loaded on my computor now (windows XP On a Sony Vaio) and have never had a problem but some can't install corel 8 maybe try reinstalling it which you probally already have. Google "coreldraw 8 xp" there is a lot of info on it what can and can't do. Hope this helps.

alpmeadow
04-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah eromran!
I'm glad it works for you! Thanks I will search for a more friendly method to load C8.
Cheers

eromran
04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah eromran!
I'm glad it works for you! Thanks I will search for a more friendly method to load C8.
CheersI'm glad it works also. I'm not understanding your comment.

Amonaug
04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Is it that it won't install at all or just won't run after it's installed?

I'm running XP64 and have no problems either. If it just won't run then try compatibility mode.

alpmeadow
04-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I'm glad C8 works for you on XP. There is hope for me. It didn't for me though, it would freeze or crash when I tried it some time ago. My search for C8 & XP yielded the following,

"right mouse click on the CorelDRW.exe file in Windows Explorer; choose Properties at the bottom of the dialogue box; Choose the Compatibility tab; click the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" ; choose the one you want to try from the drop down menu... don't hold out too much hope for this working but it's worth a try if things don't work after you've cleaned the machine up thoroughly."

I am trying to cleanup the computer before I try this method above.
Cheers
alpmeadow