PDA

View Full Version : OK I知 stumped and need some help.

The "DH"
04-24-2008, 08:37 AM
OK I知 stumped and need some help. I need to do the attached project and the CW keeps asking me for the board thickness when loading the first bit (3/8), so I hit .750 then enter and nothing, it just sits there asking for the board thickness. I calibrated the offsets and still the same thing. BTY this is happening on two machines. Never had this one before.

Gunner
04-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Have you tried to re-format the flash card , and then re-load the project ?

The "DH"
04-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Sure did, even tried different cards.

cnsranch
04-24-2008, 09:34 AM
You must be confusing the CW with all that's going on with the Texas path (pretty cool, by the way). I assume that by default the CW will use a 1/8" carving bit to cut it, and maybe it's not computing with the need to use the straight bits. Have you tried to create/use a pattern of Texas instead of the path?

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 10:23 AM
I sure don't see why it would be a problem DH. Seems pretty straight forward to me. I also don't understand why it's asking for the board thickness either?? You have only one cut path and the CW finds the thickness on it's own for that.

Probably a silly question but, you're not using a sled for this are you?

The "DH"
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
No sled, and both machines are carveing a different project right now with no problem!!!

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
If I had a 14" wide board I'd load it up after my sign is done too see if I get the same thing.

Maybe I could resize the project to fit on a 1x12 (11.25 wide) just to test it.

newcarver
04-24-2008, 10:56 AM
When going into the mpc the texas didnt have a bit selected, seeing as its an outline only, tried just a 1/8 cutting bit, will just trace the outline, for some reason it does not like the carve region on that pattern. but should work now. Let me know if it works for you now or if that will work or not

Router-Jim
04-24-2008, 11:17 AM
There is something funky going on with that Texas outline. I changed it from a carved region to an outline. Not only did Texas disappear, but so did the other unrelated outline. I'm scratching my head now.

Look at this:

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
OK, you guys ain't gonna believe this but I just loaded it up in mine and it all works fine exactly the way DH originally posted it.

I didn't have a wide enough board to actually carve it but I put my 14-3/4" wide carrier board in there just to see if it would go through all the motions. It did and never asked me for a board thickness either. I stopped it right before it was ready to carve up my carrier board.

Weird??

The "DH"
04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Everybody for your help! We got it done.