PDA

View Full Version : Question about CW

Maxprime
04-24-2008, 03:30 AM
After looking at all the information I could find about the Carve Wright. I am going to take the plunge and get one. After going to sears ,I found out that they no longer handle CC because of manufacturing and supply."which I was told"
So, I looked on the web to see if anyone local happened to handled the CW. Which I did find one from: http://machinerydistributors.com/carvewright.htm?gclid=COCS5u6h85ICFRSkiQodOwb9AA
They have a really good price on them.
Now,am I better buying it from them or from Crave Wright and has anyone dealt with them?
Thanks in advance.

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 05:22 AM
After looking at all the information I could find about the Carve Wright. I am going to take the plunge and get one. After going to sears ,I found out that they no longer handle CC because of manufacturing and supply."which I was told"
So, I looked on the web to see if anyone local happened to handled the CW. Which I did find one from: http://machinerydistributors.com/carvewright.htm?gclid=COCS5u6h85ICFRSkiQodOwb9AA
They have a really good price on them.
Now,am I better buying it from them or from Crave Wright and has anyone dealt with them?
Thanks in advance.

Personally I think you should buy it directly from Carve Wright

http://www.carvewright.com/store/product.php?productid=16133

and save yourself 369 bucks (less shipping I'm sure) for the same package.

Eagle Hollow
04-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Do we have a fine for whining?

eromran
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Do we have a fine for whining?Did i miss something who is whining? Or are you talking about another tread?

Jeff_Birt
04-24-2008, 08:31 AM
NO, I removed all the arguing and whining as it has no place here. :)

thomasj
04-24-2008, 08:38 AM
THANK YOU Jeff!!!

biker4648
04-24-2008, 08:46 AM
So you don't allow people to post negitive comments about the machine? All I did was post my experience with LHR carvewright or the Sears Compucarve system. I've had no luck with my machine after 3 attempts to correct the failures. Call it winning or btchn' or whatever, I'm not happy about spending money on a system that does not work. If this an extreme case of one lemon, than fix mine, or send me one that works as advertised and I'll quit complaining.

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 08:47 AM
My apologies everyone. I should have sent my last post via PM. Which I just did and I'll continue to try and help that way if I can.

Bad judgment on my part.

Jeff_Birt
04-24-2008, 09:09 AM
So you don't allow people to post negitive comments about the machine?

As I explained in the PM I sent you, this is a USERS forum. We are all just machine owners like you. Your first post in this thread was just whining and had NOTHING to so with the OP's topic. I also deleted both sides of the insuring argument, which had no place here.

There are lots of folks here who will gladly pitch in and offer tips to help you learn how to use your machine and diagnose problems. Beyond that you need to contact CW directly.

forqnc
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Personally I think you should buy it directly from Carve Wright

http://www.carvewright.com/store/product.php?productid=16133

and save yourself 369 bucks (less shipping I'm sure) for the same package.

Not sure if you followed the Link Chris but, the Machine distributors is a package deal with the Probe and Full bit set for $2300, which I think is a good deal.

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Actually I did follow the link but obviously I missed that deal completely.

Geeezzzz, I must be way too busy this morning with these signs. I'm just messing up all over the place today. Better get off the forum before I give any more BAD advice. Thanks forqnc for catching my bad.

Sorry Maxprime.

Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug. Guess what day this is for me...lol

andes
04-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Maxprime,

I agree with Chris, you should consider purchasing from the manufactures. I purchased my from Sears and I am finding that the product was not tested or upgraded before I received it. Now I did save a few bucks, but the machine is down because the upgrades were not installed and I am having to work with LHR to get the machine up and running. I now know that LHR does a test on the machine before shipping and I have also noticed that fewer folks have issues with machine that are purchased from the manufactures. If I had to do it all over again, I would just pay the bucks to ensure that I get a better working machine. I have had more down time then up time, but LHR is working with me to get it up and working. Just my two cents.

Andes

forqnc
04-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Actually I did follow the link but obviously I missed that deal completely.

Geeezzzz, I must be way too busy this morning with these signs. I'm just messing up all over the place today. Better get off the forum before I give any more BAD advice. Thanks forqnc for catching my bad.

Sorry Maxprime.

Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug. Guess what day this is for me...lol

Next time I'll PM you so you can edit it quickly before anyone sees :p

ChrisAlb
04-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Next time I'll PM you so you can edit it quickly before anyone sees :p

That's OK...LOL Lord knows I'm not above making mistakes. Just shows everyone I'm simply a humble carpenter with a very BIG foot in his mouth!:rolleyes: