PDA

View Full Version : Locating work piece on a jig(sled)

crogers
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I am creating a jig to cut patterns out of a 4x6 in work piece and I am having problems locating my work piece with in the jig. If i let the machine run through its auto sizing routine, it sizes my jig and places my pattern based on the jig size, as opposed to my work piece. What would be the optimal way to locate my work piece?

hotpop
04-23-2008, 03:00 PM
crogers,

Your information is a little unclear.

Is the 4"x6" piece mounted in a sled?

What is the size of the sled?

In Designer what is the virtual board size?

With a sled I always tell the machine to keep the original size and center on the length. With autosizing you don't know what your going to get.

DocWheeler
04-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Crogers,

What size is the sled and how is it constructed? With a 4" X 6" board (I'm assuming that is the size in Designer also), your sled needs to be 7" longer than the carved portion (or board) and about 1.5" wider.
You would need side rails that are the same height as the board-surface and the length of the jig.
You need filler pieces on the ends or tape across the ends for the sensor to read the length.
Then tell it NOT to stay under the rollers and to center on length.

There are other options but this is the simplist that I have found other than simply using Rails without a Carrier-board (with the same dimensions and commands).