PDA

View Full Version : First Carve

alpmeadow
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Canada Works!
Although I had to travel to Spokane Wash. and pickup a new CW, it has worked so far.
Thanks to the woodcraft store where this was the first one they sold. So to test it there, I brought the laptop with the CW program and the attached image ready. A call to CW Tech registered the software, and lead me through a first run on some cedar I brought along. It worked out well, & in 90 minutes I was out of there.
The CW tech warned me that the warranty is invalid when I take it into Canada.
Two more runs at home OK, and I have my fingers crossed. Extra belts, sensors and tools were ordered just in case.
Cheers
alpmeadow

TerryT
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
You are in Spokane, let me know you are coming!! Maybe we can get together. What wood craft store did you go to. I thought there was only one here and they told me about a month ago that they wouldn't carry the machine?

fwharris
04-22-2008, 08:43 PM
alpmeadow,

Great first carve and welcome to the club!
So what is up with CW/Canada? You guys to mean to the machines or what?
FYI...Should post your pictures in "gallery". But hey I am glad you posted and hope to see some more!

alpmeadow
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys
I haven't been to the US for twelve years, but if CW breaks down maybe back. I waited 16 months hoping that Sears or Carvewright would find their way here but no go. The people at woodcraft spokane were helpful but had no idea what contraption I had ordered and was waiting for me. They were impressed with what it could do, though.
I went to Coeur D'alene in Idaho for a timber frame guild conference, where you can carve really big timbers! (You need a hundegger for that). I will be posting, but I am trying to figure out how to cram my sketchup 3D designs into the carvewright?
Cheers from Canada
alpmeadow