PDA

View Full Version : One of Dale #3

eromran
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
This did not chip out near as much as you would think it would. Would have been even better detail if it had been a little bigger but it took long enough as it is (4 1/2 hours to carve.) Must be something about having a carvewright that i use so much would in my sentences. Sorry that was lame. To much stain.

fwharris
04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
eroman,

Great job. I really like your finishing detail. Really pops out!

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Thats awesome! Gotta be Nascar Fan... Did you inlay a clock in the side? Would be cool to carve it out like a tachometer or something around the clock. How large is that for 4 1/2 hours. Looks like poplar with a walnut frame. Either way its great and nice finish job! Keep up the good work.

CustomWestCoast
04-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Twin,
That sounds like a great idea. Why not create an instrument panel design with tach, speedo and clock!

eromran
04-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks those are some really good ideas wish i would had thought of it but now I'm going to have to do another cause you can just see how much better it would have been using theses ideas. I think I'm going to add a temp and barometer gauge now just to get more of the look you all are suggesting. Any more ideas?