PDA

View Full Version : Retail Location

LittleRedWoodshop
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Did this sign for one of the shops that is now offering products from the "LittleRedWoodshop". Kinda neat for that to mean something to someone other than me.

We are now in 5 retail locations and have more poeple calling all of the time.

This thread is just to let you know that there are people out there looking for what we do, some of them don't know it yet, but they will. When we started doing the Lithopanes that got us noticed, but that was just he beginning.

We've had more company in the shop in the last month than we have in the 3 years since we built it.

Eagle Hollow
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Jason,

Nice. That quality will keep you going strong in retail locations.

Keep carving

Jerry

DocWheeler
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Jason,

I agree with Jerry, that is nicely done.

oldjoe
04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Jason: Great looking sign and congradulations on the successful business. Hope everything goes well and you can keep growing.

Amonaug
04-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Glad to hear it's possible. Is the tree painted or is that a stain?

I'm trying to get started but no luck so far. Seems people visit my site but never buy anything or even contact me even though I say I can carve anything they want. Seems they have no idea what they want. Or is it the quality that I'm providing just isn't up to par?

RudeDog
04-25-2008, 07:31 PM
I checked out your site and was very impressed. Being a carver myself, I'm not going to buy anything, but I'm sure a lot of people would. If you are getting a lot traffic from here, I can see how people would look, but not buy. How are you getting people to your site? Did you try putting some items on ebay to drive traffic to your site for direct sales? You have nice products and website. I think you just need the right audience and pricing and you will sell.

fwharris
04-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Kevin,

Just took a look at your site also. Looks great, packed with a lot of info and great lay out. Bottom line is no problem with the site and the products you are showing. Just need to have the right person go there I guess. The WEB is a very big world as you know. Are you doing anything to promote yourself locally? Word of mouth some times does better than the web and will draw interested parties to your site.

Amonaug
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for taking a look.

Basically so far I've had the site submitted to most every search engine, using google adwords for advertising (it's appeared over 12,000 times and have gotten 50+ visits).

People are mostly looking for rosettes from the data I've gotten from search terms of people who have been to the site but even though I have that I will carve anything if they can't find a design they are looking for I haven't gotten a bite yet.

As for local, I still have to look into that. this is a fairly small city and not sure yet what retail outlets would be interested. I have vinyl advertising graphics pasted on the side of my car.

Guess it will just take time to get estabished, started working on this back in Feb but really the site has only been live since about mid-March to Early April.