PDA

View Full Version : No power

Azbear
04-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Need help with this one. I know I've seen this post/thread before but I can't get it in the search block's head to find the 5 words concerning my issue.

Was carving and then everything went dead. I have power at the recepticle. Card is in all the way. On off switch clicks when actioned. No display.

Have not taken anything apart yet. Is there a fuse somewhere?

Ideas?

Kenm810
04-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Azbear,

Was the machine actually carving when it went dead,

Last month while I was loading the second of three projects, I some how hit or rotated the button for the led Display and darkened the read out completely. And when I went to start the project I thought the machine had died, after a half hour of checking all the circuits and plugs, I remembered the len display control --- A quarter turn and the read out was back -- I would have sworn the machine was dead.
Just a thought -- of what happened to me

thomasj
04-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Azbear,
I had a similar problem. Bad power supply (L2 Coil broke away from circuit board).
If you tap on the case (keyboard side) and the power comes back - that is your problem!

Do a search for "power supply"

Good luck - but LHR will take care of you!

forqnc
04-22-2008, 01:59 PM
go here, Post #5 by Al show's pictures
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6810&highlight=l2+coil
Good Luck

Azbear
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Azbear,

Was the machine actually carving when it went dead,

Last month while I was loading the second of three projects, I some how hit or rotated the button for the led Display and darkened the read out completely. And when I went to start the project I thought the machine had died, after a half hour of checking all the circuits and plugs, I remembered the len display control --- A quarter turn and the read out was back -- I would have sworn the machine was dead.
Just a thought -- of what happened to me

Yup. Carving up a storm of alder. Then, dead.

I'm a bit late in responding. Others have sent solutions as well. Have to check all suggestions from them.

Thanks for ALL of the inputs to my latest issue.