PDA

View Full Version : stuck in full up position

Dragon
04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi all. I just got done quite a bit of carving and got a little over zealous in cleaning. I cranked the unit to the highest position, not with a lot of force either, and now there is just enough resistance so the clutch on the handle clicks before I can lower the unit.

Has anyone run into this? Is there a bolt head or something a small wrench could grab onto just to give it a gentle coaxing?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

castingman
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Yea,
At the bottom of the threaded rod there is a hole you can put a smal allen wrench in and turn it down . The one away from the crank side
Michael

Dragon
04-20-2008, 11:20 AM
what fast turn-around.

thank you much!!

rob

Digitalwoodshop
04-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Someone didn't open his operations manual yet......

AL

hotpop
04-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Dragon,

Since it is binding at the top just loosen the four bolts at the top of the four posts(requires a 10 mm socket) . Crank the head down about half way the retighten. Apply a little dry lube to the posts if you have any.

Cmdr.Rav
04-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Someone didn't open his operations manual yet......

AL

Or the other famous quote, search is your friend! Ah Al it is so much easier to just ask! I have read the manual and I have forgot most of what I read!!!!

Rav

ChrisAlb
04-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Or the other famous quote, search is your friend! Ah Al it is so much easier to just ask! I have read the manual and I have forgot most of what I read!!!!

Rav

Yes, easier for you but tougher on the folks who have to keep answering the same questions over and over again. Yep, SEARCH is your friend. If you forget what you've read, read it again and again until you know it by heart. That's what I do...lol

But that's also why you have a manual for "quick" reference. Seems to me it would be far quicker to flip to a page than ask on here and wait for a response. Even if someone responds right away, in the time it takes you to type the question, someone to read it and type the response, you'd have the answer and be fixing the problem already. At least that's what I've found.

Digitalwoodshop
04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Dragon,

Since it is binding at the top just loosen the four bolts at the top of the four posts(requires a 10 mm socket) . Crank the head down about half way the retighten. Apply a little dry lube to the posts if you have any.

HotPop... BAD ADVICE.... All units will click if cranked too high.... That is why the hole in the jacking screw.

AL

oldjoe
04-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Search is your friend but you have to have the right terms in order to do a good one. Do too general of a search and you will end up looking at things you were not looking for. I did a search for "search" 438 posts. Sometimes you just don't have the time to read all that. But reading and manual still and always will be the number one rule. I did the same thing that a lot of new owners do when they first get there machine. Cranked the head up too far. But when my heart rate slowed again and the panic attack settled I found the answer in the Manual. Which reminds me I have to reread it again.