PDA

View Full Version : Reliability Question

g450pilot
04-19-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm looking at the CW machine for regular use, such as making items for flea markets, festivals, etc. Is the machine tough enough for daily use if properly maintained? Also, what are the "normal" problems with the macine for regular users?

Thanks for replies.

Dave

g450pilot
04-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks for your reply. Nice stuff at your booth.

Dave

mtylerfl
04-19-2008, 09:52 AM
AL,

You are amazing -terrific work and workmanship!

Eagle Hollow
04-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Al,
Michael is right...Amazing. Thanks for posting all the pictures. You newbies take note. Maintain you machine and you can be in a similar position. With all the help available here, you can be "rolling" in very little time.

Al, where can I buy the eagle pattern you use? Pattern Depot?

Keep carvin', y'aJerry

SandBuoy
04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Welcome Pilot, although many have had hardly any problems keeping their machine operational most of the time, keep a supply of extra parts on hand. I have been waiting for a $15 sensor unit now for over a week. Can put a real damper in your operational plans and getting projects out.

Just read the list of little extras from posts that you might want to order when you order the machine. A board sensor, extra flex shaft and bits is a good idea to have around. The flex shaft doesn't seen to be that big of a problem anymore since new lubing techniques have been modified. But that little board sensor can real a show stopper about anytime. Especially on a weekend.

g450pilot
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey Guys:

I really appreciate all the input. I'll let you all know what I get done.

Regards,

Dave