PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to carve this for me?

Baumer
04-17-2008, 07:40 PM
I am looking for someone to carve this for me.

It is a time line of my boys deployment to Iraq. He was sent down to Camp Shelby Miss. In Oct of 05 where he and 4200 other men and women trained for 6 months. After that, they where shipped over to Iraq for 12 months. Just when they where getting ready to ship back home the president extended the deployment for 6 more months for a total of 22 months all together. Finally they got to come home in July of 07.

The board is 10”x 24” and has 3 different pics on it with some text.

The 1st. Pic is of the 4200 soldiers lined up in the parade field to make the REDBULL insignia just days before they left for Iraq.

The 2nd. pic is of my boy sitting on an overpass sitting in his gun truck manning the 50 cal machine gun protecting the convoy as they go by underneath him.

The 3rd. Pic is of the 600 men in his group lined up in the baseball field in Waterloo Iowa waiting to be released.

I'm looking for someone that is better at the software then what I am, because I'm sure that the mpc file is going to need a lot of tweaking to make it look good. As you can see the project has 3 pics with a lot of fine details in each pic. I'm not even sure that it will come out worth a darn.

I will have to e-mail you the mpc file because it's to big to post it here or even e-mail you the pics and you can do something with them yourself.

I will pay you for your work.

Thank you
Steven.

www.go3d.us
04-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Steven,
Send me the file and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks
HT

sweliver
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm not quite as skilled as others on this board but...

My son spent a tour in Afghanistan and another in Iraq with the 82'nd.

It'd be my gift to you and your son. I spent a lot of sleepless nights on my patio sending positive thoughts to the troups.

sw

LittleRedWoodshop
04-18-2008, 01:10 AM
I would love to do those as Lithopanes... the pics that is. If someone else would like to do the "Frame" I would be glad to do the litho's.

Just my 2 cents.....

ChrisAlb
04-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll be happy to throw in the frames if Jason does the lithos. Just let me know the sizes....

Chris

LittleRedWoodshop
04-20-2008, 05:24 PM
souns like we have colaboration going on here...not sure how to spell that word but I couldn't figure out how to spell co-op either...hmmmmmmm. I love the spring time.

Bill
04-20-2008, 06:26 PM
souns like we have colaboration going on here...not sure how to spell that word but I couldn't figure out how to spell co-op either...hmmmmmmm. I love the spring time. 1 Hour Ago 04:36 PM

sounds like we have collaboration going on here

Baumer
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I have gotten some great offers to carve this for me and I want to thank all of you. I am just hoping that with all the fine details that are in it, that it will come out looking good. If it don't I won't blame any of you, this is just something I was wanting to have around and to give to my boy.

Thank you all

Steven Baumhover

LittleRedWoodshop
04-21-2008, 12:34 AM
that was an attempt at humor... sorry that your ocd compelled you to correct it.