PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection

ScottS
04-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I've read where dust collection is considered by some as a must.This is where I have been racking my brain. I will usually run a 14.5"wide sled With my projects.
I looked at the machine really good and am not to sure that any downdraft system would help,Considering the sled width.

Anyone moded Foe some kind of side dust estarcton on the unit. I was looking at the side without the lcd screen. I'm not sure how effective that would be but I would'nt think The side could be all that expensive of a part.

I was just wondering what others thought on this.

ScottS

Kenm810
04-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Scott,

As soon as my Machine was out of warranty I added a side vent to my machine, that vents down through the top of my DD Cabinet, that and my little air jet sweeping the chips and dust of the top of the project board as the machine is carving has been working like a dream.
This is a good portion of info about it, that I posted a month or two ago.

Quote--
Lately quite a few of my carving projects have been 10” or 12” wide, and many of the rest are carved on a Sled up to 14” wide.
All of these limit the effectiveness of my DownDraftCabinet, to remedy this I’ve been playing with a modification
that I’ve seen posted on the forum before by fellow members like Pkunk, I plan to keep his ideas in mind
as I combine his side draft, plus the machines rear muffler vent and my downdraft for negative pressure in three directions
all leading to the filtered blower in my cabinet with the aid of the air jet sweeping the dust and chips towards
far side of the machine where the downand side draft would be most effective.
I’ll just have to see what happens; it couldn’t hurt to try, --- Besides most of you know I love to tinker.

ScottS
04-16-2008, 09:25 PM
HA HA Ken Thats exactly where I was sizing the machine up at. I figured I prob was'nt the only one to think of this.:D

ScottS