PDA

View Full Version : Sears buyers beware

bulldog527
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
In mid Feb. I purchaced a CC with a 3-yr master maint. agreement from Sears. The machine was great for 6 weeks, then stopped working in the middle of a project. I went to Sears to get a replacement but they had none and could not even order any. I put it in for service and after 2 weeks it was back at the store in the same condition because the service center did not know where to sent it for repair. I told the dept. mgr. it had to go to LHR and he said he would check it out. Yesterday he called to tell me that the corporate office said that Sears offers NO WARRANTY at all on this item, it carries only the LHR 1-year or 200 hrs and I had to pay any shipping to Texas. The sales staff was wrong to sell me the master agreement and he said they would refund that portion for me. I told him no, you get back a broken machine and I get a full refund. I like the machine and what it can do for my woodworking business, but NEVER will I deal with Sears again.

Semper Fi
04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Bulldog, don't give up yet, it's really a great machine. Unfortunately Sears people don't all understand the drill of getting service during the warranty period. I've never had to pay for shipping back to LHR for service during the warranty period and Sears does have a repair service under their Master Protection Plan ( mine is in Garland, Texas awaiting parts as we speak). My machine is out of the LHR warranty and Sears is servicing it at their National Calibration Laboratory in Texas under my 5 year Master Protection Plan.. Call LHR and they will make you very satisfied!

bulldog527
04-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Sears stopped offering the extra warrenty on sales after 1-1-08. They will honor it for past sales ,but they told me it is too costly and have done away with it. Too bad the sale clerk did not know this on my purchase.

Semper Fi
04-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Bull dog, I bought my warranty after that date. I think it was in Febuary. Now that wasn't on a new purchase, my machine was over a year old.