PDA

View Full Version : Precise Bits

jerrbitt
04-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Ran across a post that mentioned a company by name of Precise Bits.

They advertise they are makeing bits suitable of the carvewright --four flute.
Since I'm waiting for a new carving bit to replace the one I broke, I can't say whether the standard carvewright bit is four or three flute.

Supposedly a quality manufacturer:

http://www.precisebits.com/products/carbidebits/taperedcarve250b4f.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=tapered&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&I1.x=0&I1.y=0&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

Anyone with expereince dealing with them?

Woops -- just noticed on the bottom of my original search that there are users out there experimentin with the precise bits. Let us know how they are working out.

Jeff_Birt
04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
I have used there carving bit on my CW. It works very well, they even offer a Zirconium Nitride coated carving bit now that I think would work great for lithos (if I ever get time to try one), but I have not tried it yet. I have also bought several of their PCB routing bits, ans some really super small carbide drill for circuit board making. All top quality stuff...

They have many bits that would work in the CW IF we could set up custom bits in the software...

Kenm810
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Jeff,

I just spoke to John at Precise Bits this afternoon, they could only fill about half of my order of Zirconium Nitride coated carving bits for now.
He said they were changing their coating process on the tapered carving bits that fit the CW and CC machines, and recommended
that I also switch the engraving bits I was going to use on Corian to a different tip size because of to much run out on the CW machines.
He also said my order was going out today, so I'll see what the engraving bit change is, in a couple of days.

oldjoe
04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Please keep us posted as to how they work

Steven Alford
04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I too just came across these guys and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are based in Colorado, about 20 miles from me. Guess I will be paying them a visit!!

Steve