PDA

View Full Version : Posting Code

nissinxx
04-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Is It Possible To See The Code That The Machine Is Running From???
I Made One Part And In The Tool Manager I Had The Operations In The Order That I Wanted It To Run.. But When It Went To The Machine It Run It How It Wanted To .. Is It Possible To Over Ride This And Force It To Run As I Wish. What Kind Of Code Does It Read??? Is It G Code ?

Amonaug
04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
As far as I know there is no way to dictate the order it carves in. The software determines what bits are needed for the carve and it carves all of one bit then moves to the next. The order in the carve list has no bearing on the order that the machine carves.

hotpop
04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
The short answer is NO!

It doesn't matter how you list your operations in the carving list. The logic is built into the machine and can not be altered.

deemon328
04-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I actually think selecting the order of operations is a good idea that would give us more control.

For example, lets say you have 2 rectangular cut paths, one inside the other. The outside rectangle gets cut first, then the inside starts to cut which ends up breaking the outer tabs and throwing the workpiece and/or breaking the bit.

Sadly, I think the software is extremely limited and I wouldn't expect to see any feature like this in the forseeable future. There's many more important functions that I'd like to see come first. I can also see a problem where people would choose to do an operation that would cause a catastrophic failure like mentioned above that would increase LHR's liabilities.

The only way around such a problem currently is to run seperate projects for each operation, thus ensuring your proper cut orders. Of course, this may introduce problems if your board doesn't measure exactly the same on subsequent projects. You could mark the board and use jog to position to get as close as possibe if that happens.

nissinxx
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
so that may be the case....
But is it possible to access the code that is being read ???
Is the code created in machine or the computer,,,,
It would be nice to create a set-up sheet that anyone could run and know what tools they we be needing before the machine promps for them.

jlitz
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
The short answer is NO!

It doesn't matter how you list your operations in the carving list. The logic is built into the machine and can not be altered.

The logic is 'built into' Designer, not the machine. The machine will not reorder the carving and blindly follows the order Designer wrote to the memory card.

jlitz
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I can also see a problem where people would choose to do an operation that would cause a catastrophic failure like mentioned above that would increase LHR's liabilities.

It's very easy to create a layout in Designer, save it to the memory card without any errors and end up with a catastrophic failure. While Designer can detect some potential failures ahead of time, it can never be 100% perfect.

Dan-Woodman
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Dustin
The cutpath tool which cuts the project from your board is always the last tool it selects. Therefore you sound't have any problem with flying pieces.

later Daniel

forqnc
04-17-2008, 07:32 AM
For example, lets say you have 2 rectangular cut paths, one inside the other. The outside rectangle gets cut first, then the inside starts to cut which ends up breaking the outer tabs and throwing the workpiece and/or breaking the bit.

For something like this I would have two projects, Outer Rectangle and inner rectangle, then run them in the order I want without removing the board.

I also believe giving access to the code and changing the carving order would lead to more operator error's (myself included and I program in G code).

nissinxx
04-17-2008, 07:36 AM
i guess it's safe to say that we have no acces to see the code used.......