PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of bright ideas

Bubbabear
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Now my poor little shop is like really dark. I found a buddy in maintiance dept at the local hospital. They are for evermore remodeling the place. I got 20 four bulb 4' florecent fixture four 2 bulb 4' and 5 two foot 4 bulb florecent fixtures free. Just available when they were ready to take them down and had a truck there waiting and it replaced the dumpster. now when my buddy comes and wires them in my 1600 sqft shop will glow when the lights come on. now if i just could do that. i mean get my ,lights to come on :p

Bubbabear
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Al I am not sure what part of my post your replying to. If it is the "now if i just could do that. i mean get my ,lights to come on " I was talking about my head :).

But the main jest of my post was i bet many would like more lighting and I bet many know someone that works in places like that where they junk perfectly good stuff. These light were not over a year old.

Ken Massingale
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Al I am not sure what part of my post your replying to. If it is the "now if i just could do that. i mean get my ,lights to come on " I was talking about my head :).

But the main jest of my post was i bet many would like more lighting and I bet many know someone that works in places like that where they junk perfectly good stuff. These light were not over a year old.
The heck with the lights, Bubba. I want a 1600 sq. ft. shop! :-0
KEN

oldjoe
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
A maintence man once told me that you can tell the age of a shop owner by the amount of lighting he has to have.
1600 sq ft I am jealous. course I would never be able to find anything,

Bubbabear
04-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Well dang guys. It was a rental property but it got to were no one was renting it and i adopted it from my mother so she wouldnt have to worry about the up keep . i just need the money to get it insulated good

jackssib1
04-16-2008, 04:22 PM
yep,,my son just pick uped 18 4 bulbers at his remod. job. gotta put them up now,,lol
Jack

Bubbabear
04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Is that a lot of old customers from when the family was in the cabinet business found out i had started buying tools again the phone started ringing wanting me to start back building cabinets and furniture. I have been out of the cabinet business since 1986 we sold out in 1990 and people still want me back to building. I guess it is good to know my family and i left the business with still a good name

Dan-Woodman
04-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Tell them you don't do cabinets anymore,,but if they would like a nice carving you could fix them up. Wala back in business that you may not want to be.

later Daniel

Bubbabear
04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
These days I will take my money any way i can that is legal. Things are though here. I went by the pumps this morning regular was 3.19 went back 30 minutes later to get lawn more and weedeater gas it went to 3.33 per gallon. So yeah if they are willing to pay i am willing to do the work