PDA

View Full Version : spoons

larrywilson
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
i dont normanly post but i am now. i tried the heart spoons from go3d. they are great.i could not stop at one. i have5 .differnt types of wood. iwould send pictures but i am still working on how. i would highley recomend trying them.

forqnc
04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Larry we all like pictures, here is a pdf file I made and Greg is hosting showing how to.
Look forward to seeing them, I also have bought the pattern, just have not had time to Carve yet.

http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf

castingman
04-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I had a bit of trouble unzipping mine , not even shure if i did ! But thats just showing my coumpter skills. I wil try this weekend i hope.
I would like to cast them in food safe aluminum.

Michael

www.go3d.us
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks Larry,
To post picture click on the paper clip icon and browse to to file you want to upload. I'm working on the spatula and have it available real soon.

Michael, do you have winzip installed on your pc? If not you can download it here: http://www.download.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html
About pink foam. I see homedepo stock 2" thick board now $22.78, it carve great alot better than those .5" and .75" thick. You might be interest in it.

Hope you enjoy your spoons.
HT

Bubbabear
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
WOW now I am dieing to see these spoons. you have my interest peeked now

castingman
04-17-2008, 07:09 AM
HT, I will work on that when i get home, my laptop will not run the cc software, I may have to buy them again. I have a customer in Akron who is a well known artist that we make a lot of things for, He has his own line of spoons and ladles but these are way nicer.
I plan to make several out of pine to use as master patterns, cast them in alum. to use as production patterns , then we can make about 20 an hour.
The big pink foam, I have one of the signs i cast comeing back from the polisher today or tomorow, I will post a pic . That one i used a pattern i made out of wood useing the draft tool .
I wish the cc was bigger, I have to come up with a pattern for a crankcase and oil pan for a 1914 Focker trie plane for a movie Peter Jackson is makeing about WW1
Thanks Michael