PDA

View Full Version : Sears

jackssib1
04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Product Reviews
This product is no longer available. Continue shopping at Sears .
Craftsman CompuCarve Computer-Controlled Compact Woodworking Machine
Compact, computer-controlled, 3-dimensional woodworking machine with an easy-to-use interface. It allows a novice to make a complete project without a shop full of tools.The unique configuration allows it to perform many other woodworking functions, including ripping, cross cutting, mitering, contouring, jointing and routing. The CompuCarve can work in most soft materials, including wood, plastics (polycarbonate or cast acrylic) and certain types of high density foam. Set includes CompuCarve machine, (1) 1/16 in. carbide carving bit, (1) 1/8 in. carbide cutting bit, CarveWright Memory Card, starter software package, (2) 1/4 in. bit adaptors, vacuum bag adaptor, bit removal tool, hex wrench, owner's manual and Quick Start

Bill
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
This product is no longer available

What is this suppose to mean?

eromran
04-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Product Reviews
. Continue shopping at Sears .
Craftsman CompuCarve Computer-Controlled Compact Woodworking Machine
Compact, computer-controlled, 3-dimensional woodworking machine with an easy-to-use interface. It allows a novice to make a complete project without a shop full of tools.The unique configuration allows it to perform many other woodworking functions, including ripping, cross cutting, mitering, contouring, jointing and routing. The CompuCarve can work in most soft materials, including wood, plastics (polycarbonate or cast acrylic) and certain types of high density foam. Set includes CompuCarve machine, (1) 1/16 in. carbide carving bit, (1) 1/8 in. carbide cutting bit, CarveWright Memory Card, starter software package, (2) 1/4 in. bit adaptors, vacuum bag adaptor, bit removal tool, hex wrench, owner's manual and Quick Start

I went to Product Reviews and did not see what you said(This product is no longer available) i seen it is said(Temporarily out of stock for delivery, E-mail me ) that would be a big difference can you clarify this. THANKS

ncamp
04-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I went to the main sears site and found it was out of stock.

I did a google search and found this link that matches Jacks:
http://reviews.sears.com/2328/00921754000/reviews.htm

I have no idea of the date of this, but at least I found what Jack found.

Note: In no way am I saying Sears is no longer selling them, I just found Jack's post.:rolleyes:

ScottS
04-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not seing it either.

ScottS

SandBuoy
04-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I talked to my saleman from Sears today.

In his words, he said I was lucky that I ordered my machine when I did for the discounted price and got the 5 year warranty on it. Said even thou it looks like Sears isn't going to carry the machine anymore they will stand behind the warranty for any repairs required during the warranty and extended warranty period for machine purchased from them while they sold them.

Now I can't say this is a rumor as he said they have been trying to order a couple of machines for customers with no luck. Said that Sears management told them they cannot fill any orders for the CC and there is no date set that they ever will. They are just to tell customers we are sorry but at this time they cannot take orders or give out a rain check for them, period !

Don;'t sound very good for us people with Sears machine and the extended warranty plans.

Bill
04-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Exactly ,
That is why I wrote
What is this suppose to mean? seems like a lot of hear-say
below is a graphic of what I seen along with every one else.

jackssib1
04-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Though you may want to see.

http://reviews.sears.com/2328/00921754000/reviews.htm

oldjoe
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Just my thoughts but I think its Sears trying to flex their big business muscle and trying to get better or the same pricing from LHR. Kind of what I have seen with other large chain stores. Either you do this or do that or we won't carry your product. It always comes back to the supplier (LHR) taking it in the shorts.

jackssib1
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Its true. + when they sold 5 year pro. plain. and no people to work on them.
Oh well. Just a lil man here. lol
Keep on carving.
Jack

Deolman
04-16-2008, 01:01 PM
My daughter, who works at sears was told to put the demo in the back room. They said that LHR was such a small mom and pop business they couldn't get machines now. They told her they would bring the unit back for next christmas. Looks like us users may never get the real story.

jeepers94
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
I can understand why Sears might want to drop them! Even though many users have no problems,most have had at least reported they had to send theirs back to LHR for repairs. Sears can't be making money on these machines,with all of the repairs. I sold electronics for 40 years.If a product had above a 10% rate of user complaints,I dropped the line! I would guess at least a 50% rate on the CC.

mwildes
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Ok, that's it. Although just "rumors", there are way too many reports of a long-time delay before Sears carries these machines again (if they ever carry them again). The only official answer from LHR is that Sears and LHR still have business relations. No one from Sears or LHR can even estimate as to when Sears will again have the machines available. I will take my losses from the Sears price and purchase my new machines from LHR or Highland Hardware in Atlanta. I can't expect my customers to patiently wait until "sometime in the near future"......

SandBuoy
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Me personally I would just like to know if Sears is going to handle them or not in the future. If not, them I think its in my best interest too just return mine for the refund on the machine and 5 waranty while I still have time.

I can't see the warranty being of much use if Sears isn't committed in handling these machine. Seems the ones that have already had to use the Sears extended warranty have had nothing but grief and a run around about who and where its going to be serviced by.

I have to issues at all buying a new machine from LRH and settling on a 1 year warranty. I like my machine even with the few issue I constantly have with the head and rachet mechanism. But I do have a issue with the machine being sent to someone other then LHR to work on it. I was told that the machine would be serviced by LHR thoughout the warranty period, not some mower company in Texas.

As for the 50% returns to sears, I think you have to put some of the blame on Sears as many have had damaged and weathered boxes from careless handling and storeage. I have seen some return then for things like bad memory cards and broken parts that were caused from user error. Sounds like CW did their part in supplying a good machine to the customer but someone didn't do their job in handling or caring for the product while in the warehouses.

sweliver
04-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Sears ain't going to handle them no more. Who cares?

LHR = Mom and Pop? Get outa here. There ain't no mom and pop store with tech support.

The problem with sears is there's no one at sears that knows how to run the machine. How can they fix your machine when they have no clue as to how it operates?

My sear's machine just did it's dozenth 4 hr carve...that's on top of several dozen practice carves. One board sensor replacement though...on warranty might I add.

I bought mine from sears. They're going to honor my 3 yr plan...that I will make sure of.

My machine is coming off line for a couple hours maintenance in the morning and then it's right back at it.

mho,

sw

luckettg
04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
They may not be a "mom & pop" shop, but they are a small company, with small company problems. I hope to visit family down near Houston in June and would like to visit the factory. Has anyone visited the operation in Pasadena?

Semper Fi
04-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Jack, they are working on my machine at their Garland, Texas National Calibration Laboratory right now, under my Master Protection Plan. How well they do is open to discovery. Ask Bud and I both are awaiting our machines return from there. I believe this is almost like the beta test machines LHR put out two years ago........... that is, there are bugs to be worked out, but they will be worked out (I hope!).

SilentBob
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
luckeggt,
I've been to the LHR "Factory" :p It's not really that impressive. I live about 35 miles from them and they are about a mile from where I get my motorcycle tires at. So when I needed tires on April 3 I thought I'd stop by and see if I'd be able to buy repair parts there or if I'd have to have them shipped like everybody else. I had the pleasure of dealing with Whitney and not only found out I could purchase parts on site but went ahead and got centerline and some bits.

The joint was jumpin when I was there but I saw the Software Tech I had just been emailing and heard someone on the speakerphone that I think was SandBuoy. Of course at the time I didn't know who it was, but when I got home and read the forum he made mention he had just ordered the same items I heard the guy on the phone order.

As I pulled into the parking area I could hear the familiar wine but didn't see any machines around and the office area is pretty much a cubicle farm where you hear a lot but don't really see much.

SandBuoy
04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah Bob, those people down there are a pleasure to deal with when you have problems, especially on a Saturday. I don't thunk I have talked to anyone there that didn't sound pleasant on the phone.

Deolman
04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Just to make it perfectly clear, I wasn't the one calling them a mom and pop shop. I was just relaying what I heard. Please don't shoot the messenger.

luckettg
04-17-2008, 06:58 AM
But it is so much FUN to shoot the messenger....at least until you run out of them.;)

oldjoe
04-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Here is kind of a twist I was at the local Sears store and they were having a sale on the CC it either started today or ended today 4/18 $1805.99 was the sale price. I was in kind of a hurry so I didn't stop to talk to anyone. But the $64 question is why are they having a sale on something they are no longer going to carry? And don't have anymore in stock anywhere. Isn't that false advertising?
Just thought I would toss in another curve ball into the mystery.

Eagle Hollow
04-19-2008, 06:07 AM
I've heard people complain about Sears "Bait amd Switch" marketing for the last 50 years.

Kenm810
04-19-2008, 08:05 AM
"Bait and Switch"

Ya I’ve seen that before
That when you go in the store to buy a wood carver
And the sales clerk tells you to buy a lawn mower
When you say I want to carve wood, why you should buy the lawn mower
And the clerk answers we aren’t selling the wood carvers,
So you might as well cut the grass. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

oldjoe
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
The thing I wanted to do was see if they really were discontiueing it. If they were I was going to offer them $30 or so for the display model. I know it does not work but there are a lot of spare parts you can use. Maybe even a cut motor.

Kenm810
04-19-2008, 12:21 PM
oldjoe,

It may be way to premature --- but that's great idea!!

traction belts qc chuck sensors switches http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Some one's going to get it.

SandBuoy
04-19-2008, 12:23 PM
I just went into Sears to get the wife a new dishwasher. Guess she needs her toys also. Said they wouldn't-couldn't order any CCs at this time. Neighbor told me they couldn't but I figured I was there why not ask someone else anyway just incase things changed in a few days.