PDA

View Full Version : DXF to MPC

ncamp
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I download jlitz's sdk from the AllCW forum. Spent tonight playing with it and build a simple program to pull the lines out of a DXF file and make an MPC file.

By no means to I have a working prototype to share. No scaling, etc, and everything is hard coded, but this is not bad for 4 hours is vb express.

Only does simple lines. This is part of a panel drawing I had on my computer. It was about 7ft, x 3 ft, so half does not show up in designer.

Mr Litz did some very good work on his sdk.

It's bizzare what happens when you are bored in a hotel room.:eek:

dougmsbbs
04-15-2008, 12:16 AM
JLitz's routines are used in CarvePic, and it will already take a DXF file and make an MPC, including scaling. He's really done some great work!

ncamp
04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
My goal was to play with the sdk and VB Express 2008. I do not plan on making a product out of it, I simply do not have the time. But I will be happy to share the code if I ever get it cleaned up.

ncamp
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I got polylines working as well.

I got the pattern from the free area at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~dxf.graphics/

Here is a picture

Here is the MPC

TWOATLOW8
04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I have also done some dxf to mpc and cannot pull the mpc file into the design software it keeps giving me not enought memory (buy i know i have enough)
any suggestions...
i can upload the mpc tomorow if interested
twoatlow8

ncamp
04-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I know that a large number of objects will cause my designer to crash. Upload it and I will take a look and see if I see anything