PDA

View Full Version : Finally got that first project done

Steven Alford
04-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I have had the machine for about a week now and was finally able to get my first carve done. I just used one of the designs that comes with the software, added a little color and here it is.

Steve

Jeff_Birt
04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Very nice! Now only: 999,999 more projects to go :p

hotpop
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Congrats Steve,

Looks great! Best way, start simple and grow as you learn.

fwharris
04-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Steve,

Great first step! Did it give you a good understanding of the CW operation? I bet you was not able to look at anything else while it was carving!

Dan-Woodman
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Let the long list of projects begin. You probably already have one started.

later Daniel

Steven Alford
04-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I got a lot in mind. But first I want to get my shop area set up a little better with a stand that has a good down draft. I have a lot of things ordered from online so for the next week or two I should be busy building "some assembly required", stuff. LOL

Steve

Hexe SA
04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I got a lot in mind. But first I want to get my shop area set up a little better with a stand that has a good down draft. I have a lot of things ordered from online so for the next week or two I should be busy building "some assembly required", stuff. LOL

Steve

Doesn't mean it can't do some carving. Very nice job and if you stop watching you may get your stuff assembled.
Eva

sweliver
04-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm tired of ya..........

Just kidding....

I'm amazed at everyone's artwork!!!

sw

ChrisAlb
04-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Too bad Steve doesn't live close to me. I'd hire him.

I've spent my whole life being a woodworking "sub" contractor. I can do the nice woodwork easy enough but the painters always finished it. Now I have a a big sign making contract coming up and I have no idea how to paint them.

Guess I'll have to hire an artist to finish them.

LittleRedWoodshop
04-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Very nicely done, knew you could do it. Great first choice, keep 'em comin'. Can't wait to see more.

Steven Alford
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys.
It was actually fun watching it carve. What better way to learn how it works!!
I'm just glad it only took 20 minutes to carve and not 3 hours!!

Being the artist has always been a part of my life. Unfortunately, my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

I would rather get the shop set up the way I want it so that I don't do anything to endanger my new toy. Trust me, I would love to be carving my little a** off, but I must be patient.

There will be much more, I promise, in fact you will all get sick of looking at them!!

Steve