PDA

View Full Version : How do I uncenter?

luckettg
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Once having centered an object to carve, centering both horizontal and vertical, how can it be released from those commands and be allowed to drag to a different location? I have been struggling with this since starting to use this software a couple of months ago. The only solution is to erase/delete and start over, so far.
Greg Luckett

Jeff_Birt
04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Just right click on it, click on 'Center'. You'll see both the horizontal and vertical centering icons are lit up. Just click on each one to release them.

Ken Massingale
04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Just right click on it, click on 'Center'. You'll see both the horizontal and vertical centering icons are lit up. Just click on each one to release them.
Geeze!
I've been trying to figure this out too. Sometimes I feel so dumb it hurts! :-)

Thanks Jeff

Jeff_Birt
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
The easiest way to think of it is that anytime (generally) you apply ('turn on') an attribute to an object, like center, merge styles, etc. You can also just 'turn it off'. Attributes, that require inputing numerical data like: attachments, or scaling a pattern, will have to have a different method to 'un-apply' them. For example to 'un-attach' something you right click on the attachment and then click on 'Un-Attach'.

luckettg
04-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Hmmm, does not seem to work, no matter how I play with it. I thought that attributes should be reversable too, but for some reason, mine will not do it on the centering. I have software ver. 1.126. It does do this on other objects on the board. I was able to move the carve region, but not the picture object within the old carve region location. I tried grouping them too, just to see if both needed turned off at the same time.

ChrisAlb
04-14-2008, 10:09 AM
The buttons on the tool bar are just like light switches. One click is on, another click is off.

Jeff_Birt
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
It works every time for me. You can turn off the centering individually for either/or both X and Y or just click on center again and it will cancel them both.

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Are you working with a pattern you created or someone else. maybe the person creating it has it locked.

luckettg
04-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Dan,
It is actually several different patterns, but all exhibit the same problems. I import a picture or clip art, then paste it onto a board. I can move it all over until I center either horizontal or vertical or both, then it will not unlock. If I create an object using the drawing options, such as a circle or rectangle, it will unlock the centering, and I can toggle back and forth on those. The images I am importing are not locked in any manner that I know of.
Greg.

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Greg
If you can post it here , I'm sure somone can look at it and help
Lets make some chips.
later Daniel

luckettg
04-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Okay, let me give that a try as I have not posted files here yet.

Kenm810
04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
It Uncentered on the first try

luckettg
04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Arrgggg.:confused:

I went back and managed to do it too.

Darn software is messing with me....or??:rolleyes:

Thanks. I think I have it now but darn if I know why it will do it now and what I was doing different before.
Greg.

sewpeck
04-15-2008, 07:53 AM
I fought with this also on many projects. The closest thing I could do was copy and paste. This forum is the greatest. I thought I was very computer literate. Duh, just shut the command off, duh:rolleyes: