PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Patterns and deleting unwanted ones

George Keefe
04-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I Just got my CarveWright about a month ago. I love it. I have also started attempting to make my own patterns. I have tried making some from digital pictures that I have taken, my dog for one. I have edited with a paint program and imported into the design software. I imported several different revisions to the picture.

Now I am trying to delete from the design software pattern library revisions that did not come out to well. When I select some of them, a pop up appears with the option to delete, and I can delete successfully. Some I select do not give the pop up and I cannot delete.

Also, I have noticed when trying to move a pattern that I cannot delete to another folder, I have called "Dogs" in my favorites, the program gives an error message and closes. Patterns that I move that show the "rename, delete" popup move just fine and the program does not crash.

Can anyone help me with this one?

www.go3d.us
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
If you make the pattern then you have full option to delete, rename and export. If you import pattern from else where then the only option you have is delete and rename. Those one that did not have a pop up box are the patterns that came with the software.

HT

George Keefe
04-11-2008, 10:21 PM
If you make the pattern then you have full option to delete, rename and export. If you import pattern from else where then the only option you have is delete and rename. Those one that did not have a pop up box are the patterns that came with the software.

HT
I hear what you say, and that makes sense, however, I am hear to tell you that I am having trouble deleting patterns that I have made and imported. That is why I am trying to delete them, they are not very good.

George Keefe
04-11-2008, 10:49 PM

HT

Here is some more info that might help figure this out, I am sure it is my error.

I notice that the pattern I made and imported is there twice,,,i.e., I named a pattern after my dog and called it "Isis-5". "Isis-1" appears twice in the library. Like what follows:

"Isis-5"
"Isis-5"

One of them will let me delete, rename, export. The other one wil not.

I am sure I messed something up, but I do not know what.

Can I attach a pattern to this post, so you can see it? Would that help?

I scrolled down and I think I can attach the pattern I am having trouble with.

www.go3d.us
04-11-2008, 11:48 PM
It could be software related problems. My only know solution is try to uninstall and reinstall the software.
HT

roughcut
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I had that problem when I tried to save a copy of my scans to my hard drive until I found if I would convert the saved file to a rar zip file then delete the saved file I hope I am explaining this well enough . My saved files were in a dir. in my documents.......Bill

twehr
04-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Use CCW Pattern Organizer - see link below.