PDA

View Full Version : Cut Path..."board to thick"??

geddins
04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok...I'm trying to use the Cut Path feature to cut out my piece...it's on 3/4" stock, but the machine says the board is too thick "continue or abort?"...

What am I doin wrong?

Thanks
G

Router-Jim
04-10-2008, 09:29 PM
A couple of quick questions:

Did you have any warnings when you uploaded from designer to flash card?

Are you using a carrier sled?

geddins
04-10-2008, 09:32 PM
A couple of quick questions:

Did you have any warnings when you uploaded from designer to flash card?

Are you using a carrier sled?

Yes I got warnings (I ignored)

No carrier sled

thanks Jim!

Router-Jim
04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Okay, go back to designer and check what you have your board settings at. Maybe it's not set at 3/4" and you would always get the warning then.

ncamp
04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I use a lot of 7/8" stock and usually get that message. I just hit ignore.

I never get a warning in designer for it though.

Router-Jim
04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
You are right Nathan.

I should have written:

"Maybe it's not set at 3/4" but rather something greater than 1" and then you would always get that warning."

Thanks for catching that. ;)

Jim

geddins
04-10-2008, 10:07 PM
My board settings say ".750" for thickness.....weird

geddins
04-11-2008, 08:59 AM
FWIW, I'm getting the message about it being too thick at the machine...not in Designer...

thanks...still trying to get this solved.

G

mtylerfl
04-11-2008, 09:23 AM
FWIW, I'm getting the message about it being too thick at the machine...not in Designer...

thanks...still trying to get this solved.

G

If you manually assigned a bit to the automatic cutpath (mistake to do that), then that could be the cause of the error.

Proper way is create the outline, click on the cut path tool and make no alterations. Do not assign a bit yourself - the software does that for you automatically when you use the cut path tool (i.e., it assigns the 1/8" cutting bit). Interfering with that has the potential for errors.

If we could see your mpc, then we could be more helpful. Upload it as long as it does not contain any unprotected commercial patterns, and perhaps we can see if there is any problem with the cut path itself.

geddins
04-11-2008, 04:07 PM
If you manually assigned a bit to the automatic cutpath (mistake to do that), then that could be the cause of the error.

Proper way is create the outline, click on the cut path tool and make no alterations. Do not assign a bit yourself - the software does that for you automatically when you use the cut path tool (i.e., it assigns the 1/8" cutting bit). Interfering with that has the potential for errors.

If we could see your mpc, then we could be more helpful. Upload it as long as it does not contain any unprotected commercial patterns, and perhaps we can see if there is any problem with the cut path itself.

I think you've nailed it Michael....I was manually assigning a bit to the cut path.....wow...you guys are good!

Thanks for all the help.

Greg