PDA

View Full Version : Any guesses?

RanUtah
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I kept getting the famous Z axis stall error. LHR sent me a new "Z pack" in which I just installed. Now when I turn on the machine, I don't get the project menu at first like I use too. Instead what comes up is "Accessary Menu 1) Scan Area." It won't even let me go to the project menu. You guys have any quesses what it could be? I tried calling LHR but they are closed now. Will have to try again tomorrow. Any help here would be great though.

eromran
04-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I kept getting the famous Z axis stall error. LHR sent me a new "Z pack" in which I just installed. Now when I turn on the machine, I don't get the project menu at first like I use too. Instead what comes up is "Accessary Menu 1) Scan Area." It won't even let me go to the project menu. You guys have any quesses what it could be? I tried calling LHR but they are closed now. Will have to try again tomorrow. Any help here would be great though.
Since that is the menu you get when probe is installed,if you don't have probe in i would think it could be that wire shorted.

dougmsbbs
04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
You need to change a setting in your machine.
Put your card in the machine, turn it on. It'll say “Scan Area”.
Press “0”. Scroll to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to scan Probe. Make sure it's set on “cover” and not Z truck.

Reset
04-10-2008, 07:14 PM
What is the firmware version... you need at least v1.121 after installing thee z-pack.

Tommy

andes
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
RanUtah,

I just went through the same issue. I too installed the Z pack. Check to make sure that the probe is set for the cover and not the z motor.When it says “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck. Also, check to make sure that all your connections are in tightly and correctly.

Andes

Reset
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
...also, you need to unplug the adapter wire from the side of the machine to carve... (not just unplug the probe from the adapter wire). At least thats how my machine works. :D

Tommy

RanUtah
04-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Looks like that may work. I'll try a test carve right after dinner. Just wish they would have stated that in the PDF file they sent me.

I dont have a probe yet either, jusy was wondeing too whyI was getting that. Thanks for the help guys.

RanUtah
04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks again guys, especially to Doug and Andes. I did a test carve and it came though with flying colors. I have a question though. How did you guys know to do that? Call LHR?

andes
04-11-2008, 09:35 PM
No I didn't call LHR, I got the info from the folks in the forum. They have loads of knowledge, and everyone shares that knowledge with folks like you and I. So if I learned something, and I can pass it on, that's cool.

Andes

RanUtah
04-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Thats kinda what I thought but I couldn't find the answer. Glad someones paying attention!