PDA

View Full Version : Double Downdraft Table...

LittleRedWoodshop
04-10-2008, 12:21 AM
The Lord works in mysterious ways. We were coming back from a trip to Milan, Illinois and the downdraft table that I had built for my single machine, Blew out of the back of the truck (with my bit set attatched, they don't survive at 65 miles per hour).

So comes BIGGER AND BETTER, just wanted to share a pic of the Double table that I just finished up. Not quite done yet, but almost there. Downdraft and Power are done though.

Dhaffner
04-10-2008, 10:41 AM
that table's a beauty. I stopped and picked up a sheet of that 1" material, Jason...now I just need to build the cabinet to put it on. :)

jackssib1
04-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Work good?? Thanks.
Jack

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I would power each machine on it's own 15 or 20 amp circuit. I wouldn't power both on one 15 amp circuit. Just my 2 cents. I never measured the current draw but I would guess about 4 or 5 amps each.

AL

LittleRedWoodshop
04-10-2008, 12:59 PM
the table is plugged into a 20 amp circuit, with nothing else. My shop has 200 amp service and all of the wiring is less than 3 years old.

But, the outlets on either side of the table have their oen power cords. So, if need be they can be plugged in seperately.

No problems yet, knock wood.

bizbiki
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
While waiting to get my CC back from Texas lalest month I built a downdraft table for it. After my first carve which entailed removing a whole lot of wood in a 7x14 inch carving section (with just the 1/16 bit) there was almost no saw dust in the machine at all.

Had I known the difference in performace I would have had a down draft table at the outset of using the CC. I really think that alot of the problems that I had with the CC initally was because of the dust accumulation within the machine.

Cheers

Louie

LittleRedWoodshop
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I would have to agree with you Louie, saves alot of time in clean-up as well. And you only have to run one piece of Padauk (turned my whole shop orange) to tell he difference.

Frank
06-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I read about a week ago about the down draft table. I was really interested so I built one. I used materials I had laying around and about seven hours of labor to build it. I used it Friday and when my job was finished I only had a shovel full of dust to pick up and that was after a 5.5 hour carve session with a 1/16th carve bit. The only thing that I was wondering about was do you seal the bottom of the machine to the top of the table? When I first started the carve it seemed that there was a handful of dust coming out from under the machine so I wrapped some towels around the base to seal it a little bit. I didn't want to seal it completely because there is a panel on the bottom with an air vent to cool the belt motor ( I think it's the belt motor ). I was thinking I could cut out a soft rubber pad to seal it or self sticking weather seal unless anyone can tell me if it will do some damage. And who ever started this idea. Thanks.

Frank

Amonaug
06-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Just weather seal around the opening in the bottom, not the whole bottom of the machine.

Frank
06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Thank you. I didn't want to jump before I asked.

Frank

Digitalwoodshop
06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
WOW... NICE Shop Setup.....

Thanks,

AL

:)"EEEEEEEEE0":)

Envy Meter 9 on a scale of 10....

LittleRedWoodshop
06-14-2008, 02:53 AM
who has a nice shop set-up

Audie
06-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Ok Al...step outside and get some fresh air....(wondering exactly where that NICE shop is)

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Nice Shop.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW... NICE Shop Setup.....

Thanks,

AL

"EEEEEEEEE0"

Envy Meter 9 on a scale of 10....

Digitalwoodshop
06-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Jason,

It's your shop that impressed me...... Clean and organized.

As for me..... 14 hours 7 days a week..... 1 AM last night getting ready for today's show.

ChrisAlb stopped by the other day to borrow my QC Wrench and I would not let him see my shop.... Too Messy at the moment.... Another day.....

AL

LittleRedWoodshop
06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
I will be there in about 2 weeks for the Dunham Memorial Project, I hear a rumor that a Rep from LHR will be attending. Hope to see some of you guys there. And thank you very much for the shop comments, I work very hard to keep it clean.

New Shop Pics.... will post more when I get it finished, time hasn't been my friend lately. Pic1 (http://tallented.hypermart.net/WHOI_DAY_010.JPG) / Pic2 (http://tallented.hypermart.net/WHOI_DAY_015.JPG) / Pic3 (http://tallented.hypermart.net/WHOI_DAY_012.JPG)

Digitalwoodshop
06-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Again, Very nice !!!! Thanks for the extra pictures.

AL

LittleRedWoodshop
06-15-2008, 11:39 AM
To start hosting meetings of my local CNC Art Guild America Chapter......