PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget...911

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Thought some of you might want to see this, it has been a while since I posted any pics. Hope all is well in your shop.

Carved in Oak, a Toffee stain, a little color from acrylic craft paints, and some clear coat. Didn't turn out to bad.

RayTrek
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi Jason
Let me be one of the first to say Well Done, I think every one can reflect back where they were
Thanks for helping us not to forget why we are going threw all of this.
Good day - Ray

fyrpuppy
04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Great Job Jason we must never forget the 343

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
kinda havin' one of those days where nothing seems to go right, then a project like this comes out and...... well everything kinda falls into perspective.

fwharris
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
kinda havin' one of those days where nothing seems to go right, then a project like this comes out and...... well everything kinda falls into perspective.

Jason,
I was having one of those days also and then saw this post and your other one for the fund raiser. Makes our problems a little less significant..GREAT JOB

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I have been working very hard to put all of that Benefit Stuff together and actually got a private message in the negative about that post.

So Sorry to any of you that are offended by that, I understand the fact that you sign on here to LEARN about the machine. But, if you take the time to pay attention to some of the Threads (posts) that you think are waisting your time, you might learn alot more about what can be accomplished with this machine.

It has opened doors that I had no Idea exsisted.

fwharris
04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Jason,

Trust me, I bet there are more that support your efforts than there are against you! One sided views and just that, one sided!

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 09:27 PM
again FWHarris, I know you'll be there in spirit. I would love to post the artwork for the memorial, but I want it to be a surprise for all involved.

I actually have multiple poeple working on the pieces so that no one person, knows what the WHOLE will look like.

Well except me that is and I'm not talkin'

There will be many pics after the 28th of June. Until then....

Virginia Beach Carver
04-10-2008, 07:08 AM
I am a retired Station Fire Captain and was awarded my Departments Medal of Honor for saving three people but what I did was in NO way like going into those towers. I will never forget for many reasons, one is because I know many of those firefighters had the same level of high-rise construction knowledge I had and knew that a pancake collapse was only a matter of time given the impact damage and fire. They went into those towers to help others knowing there was a very real chance they would not come out. They should and must never be forgotten. What they did brings honor to us all and shows the human spirit to be something which never ceases to leave me in wonder of it potential beauty and willingness to act to help others at a cost which can only be paid once.

Thanks for reminding us all that in this time of war that Americans in all manner of uniforms risk their lives for others everyday.

beachman
04-10-2008, 10:00 AM
wonderful work,and i'm with you one the other post too

jackssib1
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
You are doing what people should do..thats help others.
God Bless all the Fallen, and Loveones they left behind.
Thanks
Jack

rcdages
04-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Jason,

I saw your post last night before any one replied and I started to send this off to you and did not get to it.

Always enjoy your post and many many of the others also.

I am going to just say keep on with this good work.

rcdages
Robert (RDdesigns)

sweliver
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I carved a Maltese Cross design for my son last week. (cross of my own design). With several of the same elements you're incorporating. For some reason we share several of the same wavelenghts.

My son spent a tour in Afghanastan and a tour in Iraq with the 82nd

I spent many sleepless nites

He, my son has a stylized 9.11 tattoo and holds that date dear to his heart.

Now he's a four year vet of my fire dept.

I'm anxious to see where you're going with this. I have been working on new angles for the 343.

sw