PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Concert

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry to anyone this post offended.

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I have gotten a Private Message that this thread in some way Offended a member of this forum.

If this is in some way wrong of me to post this, someone please let me know and I will take it down. Just thought some of you might want to plan on attending.

Steven Alford
04-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Jason, I have been a part of many forums (bored old fart!!) and this sort of thing is listed in them all. In my opinion it is a good thing. Unfortunatley, I don't see anything in your post about a benifit concert. Did you delete it? It is only in your heading.

If a moderator does not bane your post, there is nothing wrong with it. Let the moderators decide, not one individual with a PM. Just IMOP

Steve

geddins
04-09-2008, 10:54 PM
What's the deal? Give us the details about the concert....

AskBud
04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Check his Web Page.
AskBud

LittleRedWoodshop
04-10-2008, 12:03 AM
For those of you that live in or will be in the area... we will be attending

Benefit Concert to be held in Ridgeway, PA on June the 28th, 2008. If you're in the area on that weekend, make plans to be there. All of the proceeds will go to help Marines and Corpsmen further their Education. Or go to the website NOW and make a donation. Semper Fi... Donate Now (http://www.jasonsmemorial.org/SCH/sch_about.html)

The Corporal Jason L. Dunham Scholarship Foundation has been established to honor Corporal Dunham's service and sacrifice, and to provide funding to those Marines and Corpsmen, who wish to pursue a college education at a nationally recognized and accredited institution of higher education. This scholarship will be in addition to, and supplemental to, any and all other monies received by the individual Marine or Corpsman.

Marine Cpl. Jason Dunham...Medal Of Honor winner project....... check it out "Jason believed that all men on this earth should be free," said father Dan Dunham. "He also believed in his friends."

Gospel Artist of the Year, Cathy J. Reynolds to Perform...Cathy J. Reynolds will sing her song "Freedoms Flag" for Cpl. Jason Dunham's family and friends. Congrats to Cathy...Gospel Artist of the year for the 3rd year in a row. And will stay in the area to perform a Benefit Concert to raise funds for Jason's Scholarship Fund.

We have been putting together a memorial in Jason's Honor (using a CarveWright Machine). We will post pictures as they become available. Visit our website for more info.

scw
04-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Its difficult to understand why someone would voice an opposition to a post about a fallen marine.

Here in my home town we are preparing for Matt Maupins funeral. He lived just two blocks from my house.
He was my neighbor.

I am offended by the complainers offense!

God bless the soldiers that protect our country, they should be remembered and honored at every opportunity!

badger
04-10-2008, 06:21 AM
I am offended by the complainers offense!

Dont be offended. Your friend Matt gave what alot of them did, the right for these people to voice their opinion. I look at it every time these groups go on these protest from a viewpoint that our system works and its not like living in Tibet. I just cant see getting my own blood pressure going after I myself did my time overseas protecting their right to voice their concerns just like Im doing now. Either way hope the benefit is a success.

On a side note I can see the moderators viewpoint that if they give time to one side on here then they couldnt complain if someone from the opposing side wants to say something also and Im sure none of us what that to start here. Takes away from what the forum is set up to do by helping others with the machine.

Bubbabear
04-10-2008, 06:26 AM
The only thing I see that may would have been offensive is you had posted it under every main set of threads. so it was posted like 5 or 6 times. I personaly think this is a great place to share our benefits we support just not flood the threads

ChrisAlb
04-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Here, here badger!

Bill
04-10-2008, 06:41 AM
protecting their right to voice their concerns
This is a graphic I made on 09/11/2001
Semper Fi Marine

amanda0101
04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Why would this be offensive. It's a wonderful thing that you are doing! :D

beachman
04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
any forum any place is the proper place to honor and reward the young men who serve this country,they should all be on our countries honor roll,those who live and those who gave all,to do any less places the one who complains in a category that the vast majority of Americans will never be lowered to

Cmdr.Rav
04-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok first I was not the one who e-mailed the OP! But I did notice it was overboard posting it in all the categories. There are two sides to every story, I too have lost friends in this war and it is a great thing to honor our fallen soldiers. But many times post have been removed for not pertaining to the forum. One rule stands out,

Advertising, spamming, and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the Forum email or message system to spam other members. Product announcements of direct interest to the CarveWright community are acceptable, but blatant advertisements or repetitious discussions of outside products are not allowed.

Again please don't boo me, I think we should honor those who have fallen and I see nothing wrong with posting it once. Still rules are rules and if this is allowed someone could post a family in need who lost everything in a fire etc.

So maybe the person that may have been offended may be have been corrected for a rule violation they thought was ok and then saw this post in every category and wonder why this one wasn't?

This may be a case the CW or the moderators should rule on? Just my 2 cents and again I think it is a good cause, maybe not the right format?

Rav

Jeff_Birt
04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Folks, let this drop (I'm locking this thread). OK. The issue has already been resolved. No need to beat a dead horse...