PDA

View Full Version : "Z" Truck bearings

ArkiePaul
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I know from all the posts I have read that is recomended that the machine be sent back if the "Z" truck bearings are loose but I am curious to know if one of mine may need adjusting. As you face the truck the lower right bearing spins easy. The others are tight. The truck does not have any play in it when I try to move it side to side But does move a little when I wiggle it forward and backward. Does the lower right one need to be tightened?

;) I know curiosity killed the cat, but then again that is why my Mastiff is so curious

Jeff_Birt
04-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Check out this post:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6958

The 'Search' function is great for questions like this...

hotpop
04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
ArkiePaul,

Welcome to the forum!

There should be no wiggle of the truck in any direction. Usually the bottom right roller seems to be the first to loosen. The adjustment is easy.

You will need to find a 12mm open end wrench that is 1/8" thick or less. I had to grind one down to get it to 1/8" thick.

Slip the wrench behind the truck to hold the roller cam nut then loosen the phillips head screw so about an 1/8" is exposed. Put a drop of Locktite blue on the screw.

Sill holding the nut with the wrench, snug up the screw to take most of the play out. Rotate the cam nut until the play is gone. Now without moving the nut tighten the phillips head screw.

ArkiePaul
04-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the answers guys. I still have to get to Lowe's and buy some LocTite before I tighten the bearings. Watching for tornadoes and high water has slowed things down here in Arkansas. This weekend should be a good one though. I would have checked forther in the search for an answer but with storms around I have to go the quickest route.