PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai Tree, how do I post a pic?

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I will be getting my CW in a few days (if I'm lucky!!) LOL
And I have been playing around with the demo software trying to come up with a good Bonsai Tree. Just can't get the knack of it yet. Anyone care to give me a hand?
This is the pic that I downloaded from the internet............
Well that didn't work. How do you put pics on this forum? Do I need a picture hosting server or what?

Steve

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Ok, I think I got it.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3073/21hq6.th.jpg (http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21hq6.jpg)

This is the one I would like to use.
HELP!!!

Steve

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
It does not look like the way you guys post your pics. What am I doing wrong?
I use Image Shack on the other forums I belong to.

LittleRedWoodshop
04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
What's up Buddy, how are things...

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey Jason,
Doing great. I have been out buying up a storm on wood working tools; table saw, router, bits.
Getting ready for the MACHINE!! Have you shipped it yet?

How is your business going?

Steve

LittleRedWoodshop
04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
It has been shipped and you should get in the next day or 2, Doug got his today, shipped same day.

And business is Good! Really Good, will have pics to show very soon.

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Awesome!!
Thanks Jason.

Steve

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Back to my question though!!
Can anyone help me with this Bonsai Tree??

Steve

ncamp
04-08-2008, 09:29 PM
How's this?

Oops, sorry, I misread your post. When you create a topic, there is a paper clip icon for attachments. Click on it and it will let you upload you images. Type your message and click on the down arrow by the paper clip to insert the attachment in the message.

jpaluck
04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
heres the tree...hope this will work for you

John

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Nathan, yours is like what I end up with, but John, yours is more like what I want. How did you get it that way? compared to Nathans?
Thanks guys.

Oh, and I found that paperclip for attachments but it says there is a limit to the size you can upload. So I guess that means that any pic you put on this forum, you have to resize it first? When I used Image Shack the way I did, I was able to use a larger size pic. Is this OK to Do?

Steve

ncamp
04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Okay,

This one is smoothed

This one is blured

I have the probe and did these modifications with the pattern editor. They both look much closer.

ncamp
04-08-2008, 10:24 PM
The only problem with using an image hosting site is archiving. Two months from now, someone may be interested in your post, if you have removed the picture or gone to another hosting site, then the picture is not available.

Other than that, I do not belive it makes a lot of difference.

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
OK, so you "smoothed" it with photo editing software first?
Is it better to use a colored pic or a grey scale?

Steve

www.go3d.us
04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
That is one good tree jpaluck.
HT

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Okay,

This one is smoothed

This one is blured

I have the probe and did these modifications with the pattern editor. They both look much closer.

Nathan,
By probe, do you mean the scanning probe? And what is the pattern editor? Is that the Design Software or an add on module like the text? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Steve

AskBud
04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Notice:
The following Zipped download of an AVI Lesson is 98.8 Mb in size and the download time will depend upon the speed of your ISP connection.
AskBud
While you were discussing photo(s), I put together this AVI lesson on some of the basics of using photo(s).

Whether the photo is color or B&W, Positive or Negative may be a matter of choice. You/we may try several options to attain the best result. A 1st generation Digital photo seems to work best.
AskBud

Here is the link to my lesson:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-using%20a%20photo.zip

ncamp
04-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Nathan,
By probe, do you mean the scanning probe? And what is the pattern editor? Is that the Design Software or an add on module like the text? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Steve

Steve, I was refering to the scanning probe. The pattern editor software comes with it. I do not believe you can buy it seperatly. I took the image, turned it to black and white, then reversed the colors in a photo editor.

Imported that image and that was the first pattern. Exported the pattern and opened it with the patter editor and tried a couple of the tools. I'm still very new at a lot of this.

You can probably do a lot of the same functions in a good photo editor.

forqnc
04-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Steve, here is a link to a PDF I made of how I post pictures and Greg was willing to host on his web site.
Look forward to seeing the pictures.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6551&highlight=posting+pictures

RayTrek
04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Hello Steven
Thought I pass on my attempt with some depth
Its in mpc to show how I would set it up for carve
I know there are a few here that can improve on this
But I just keep on trying and practice does improve the skills
Good Day- Ray ver1.126

OKCCarver
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Notice:
The following Zipped download of an AVI Lesson is 98.8 Mb in size and the download time will depend upon the speed of your ISP connection.
AskBud
While you were discussing photo(s), I put together this AVI lesson on some of the basics of using photo(s).

Whether the photo is color or B&W, Positive or Negative may be a matter of choice. You/we may try several options to attain the best result. A 1st generation Digital photo seems to work best.
AskBud

Here is the link to my lesson:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-using%20a%20photo.zip

EXCELLENT video Bud......Very helpful!!!

Steven Alford
04-09-2008, 09:21 PM
WOW
You guys are awesome. thanks for the help and that video was very good Bud.
Sounds like I just need to do a lot of playing around with the software.

No body answered my question about using a greyscale picture. Is it better than using a color picture??

Thanks

Steve

Steven Alford
04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
It looks like Michael T. answered my question in another post.............

In case you don't already know this, even a color photo will be converted to an 8-bit greyscale version when directly imported into Designer.

Thanks Michael.

Steve

dewey6800
04-11-2008, 05:32 PM
You guys are incredible, I love the way you guys can manipulate a photo in to such a wonderful PTN file.

Steven Alford
04-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks you all your help guys. This is what I have come up with.
This is an idea I have been working on for my first project.
It will have two drawers on the top and two cupboard-like doors at the bottom and it is about 10 inches deep.

I belong to the local Bonsai Society and when you do Bonsai, you have a collection of 15 or so tools that you use to trim your tree. Most people do not have something to put those tools in, so this is my idea. It is called a Japanese Tansu box. All the joints are dovetailed.

Steve

LittleRedWoodshop
04-12-2008, 12:51 AM
That looks awesome, looking forward to seeing it in Colorado.

fwharris
04-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Steve,

That looks like a great project. Hope you can carve it soon and post some pictures! Keep up the great work.