PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Beach w/ Water???

gmalanoski
04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I have a sign I'm doing for a coworker - kind of a reward for her since she quit smoking. Anyway, she owns property in Gulf Shores, AL and also vacations there frequently until retirement (she lives in Indy). I wanted to make her a beach related sign but haven't had any luck finding anything. I've already purchased MT's palm trees which will look really nice on the sides.

Do any of you have any ideas on how to accomplish something like this, or a pattern you might be willing to share?

Thanks,

AskBud
04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I'll bet she has a digital photo, or two, that might work.
I did the attached from a photo for a friend.
AskBud

Kenm810
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
How about something anong these lines. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

jackssib1
04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
But Louisiana. lol
Jack

gmalanoski
04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Guys,

Thank you for you input. Ken's image is the closest to what I'm seeking. I'm looking for something really plain, just a simple sandy beach with water. I already have the palm tree patterns that I'm going to place on the carving. I'm thinking I'll need to find a way to model it to get exactly what I need.

Again, thank you very much! :)

mtylerfl
04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Greg,

You could make a carve region and draw in your waves and sand areas.

Might experiment with the sine tool for very simple evenly spaced "waves", or draw waves with the "line tool" or "spline tool" and "change form" tool for curved parts.

You could also use the line tool and change form and spline tools for making the sandy areas and set a medium to large draft to ease the edges of the drawn parts, if you wish.

Make your drawn sand areas a "carve region" with depth setting of "0" to be even with top of the board and setting varous depths for the other sand areas to achieve a layering effect where they overlap.

Same method can be used to draw background "layered" mountains, by the way.

RayTrek
04-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Michael, Thanks for the info It gives me a new perspective to work on I have learned much from you.
Ken you must have a hard drive just for carving Impressive.
Thanks Ray

scw
04-10-2008, 05:43 AM
I have a sign I'm doing for a coworker - kind of a reward for her since she quit smoking. Anyway, she owns property in Gulf Shores, AL and also vacations there frequently until retirement (she lives in Indy). I wanted to make her a beach related sign but haven't had any luck finding anything. I've already purchased MT's palm trees which will look really nice on the sides.

Do any of you have any ideas on how to accomplish something like this, or a pattern you might be willing to share?

Thanks,

I did this beach scene for a friend. Attach is the original photo, the mpc and the final product.