PDA

View Full Version : New PC..."no licenses available?"

geddins
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Just had to put in a new pc in the home...loaded Designer, updated to 1.126, went to register, and once I logged in it told me I had no licenses....how do I remedy this? have to wait till tomorrow when LHR is open?

Thanks
Greg

Kenm810
04-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Greg,

If you can open a copy of Designer on your new or old computer
click on the Help menu for the Manage Licenses listing

If you can, alway keep a copy of you licenses in you documents file

DDV
04-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Greg,

Kenm810"

I'm running version 1.120 in designer. I was going to do what you suggested!
But there is no manage licenses tab?
DDV

fwharris
04-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Greg,

Ken, thanks for the tip on this.

geddins
04-09-2008, 09:27 PM
i can open designer on my laptop (which has a license)...and i can "manage license"...but I don't see anything in there that i can transfer to my desktop.

Sorry to be so dumb on this...

Thanks for your help!

hotpop
04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
geddins,

Guess Ken went to bed.

Have you registered the Designer software. Once registered goto Help>Manage License and pick on the Update Button.

Once registered you should see the word "basic" for basic library, in the upper window.

geddins
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
geddins,

Guess Ken went to bed.

Have you registered the Designer software. Once registered goto Help>Manage License and pick on the Update Button.

Once registered you should see the word "basic" for basic library, in the upper window.

Hotpop, thanks for your reply....yes, I'd already registered Designer on my old desktop AND on my laptop....and when i reformatted the desktop and put on a new load of Xp, installed Designer and went to "manage license" I get a message saying "no licenses left!"....

Hopefully I'll get some time during working hours to call LHR....

Kenm810
04-10-2008, 06:22 AM
geddins,

Sorry Guys, Sandman hit me right between the eyes, and my pillow was calling me.
I'm off to work every day at 5:00 am and doing my paper work to 10:00 or 11:00 pm.
I don't do as many all nighters as I did when I was younger.
If you speak to one of the techs at LHR they can pull up your file and licenses,
and talk you through the set up in a few minutes.

Ya gatta luv that LHR tech support.

geddins
04-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Kenm810, don't worry...I was not without a pc ..just had to use my laptop and transfer some files for a day (and nite)....spoke to LHR and they got me fixed up pronto and I'm back in business.

I'll use this opportunity to plug LHR's support. I've had a few issues of late...they are patient, responsive and easy to work with...and that's saying a LOT...for I'm afraid I am NEITHER of those!

In the past month I've received (via warranty)
1. Left side stabilizer/crank assembly
2. Z motor upgrade
3. Board sensor
4. Literally HOURS of tech time to walk me through stuff.

If LHR sold out or merged I'd probably sell my machine while I could...but as long as they're in ....so am I.