PDA

View Full Version : Read the Writing on the Walls...

muntin chops
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Purchasing the Carvewright from Sears was a mistake.

here are the facts:

-(mid February) ordered the compucarve and accessories from Sears

-(March 7) received everything. However, the machine was damaged by UPS. i called to have it returned for a new one. Sears said UPS would pick it up in 3 days. the new machine would arive 5 to 10 days after they receive the broken one.

-(10 days later) and several calls to Sears, UPS picks up the broken machine.

-(12 days more) and several calls to Sears, they confirm they have the broken machine. I tell them to send us a new one.

-(10 days more) I call to get an update. I am told that Sears is currently in backorder of the product, they're not sure when new ones will be in stock, and i am given the number to Carvewright to call (Sears couldn't tell me why i was supposed to call them). I call Carvewright and am told a supervisor will contact me.

-(today) The supervisor contacts me. She says that SEARS HAD ONE ORDER PLACED, ONE YEAR AGO. THEY CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE A RENEWED ORDER WITH CARVEWRIGHT. NO NEW SHIPMENTS AND NO TIME ESTIMATE. She recommended returning everything else (accessories), dispute the payment with the credit card company (because Sears will credit me back in 4-6 weeks) and re-order the Carvewright with Carvewright.

Wow.

Either I'm in the worst-case-scenario situation with Sears, in terms of them re-ordering machines, or Sears is going to discontinue the Compucarve.

Whatever.

I ordered this for the company that I work for. We intended to get good use out of it. Now I'm going to cancel the order and I don't know when/if I'll get the chance to re-order it.

So it goes...

If I do get the chance to re-order, I still will. There are no hard feelings with Carvewright.

Don't order the machine from Sears. Order the machine from Carvewright.

PS-I mentioned in an earlier thread (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6464)that, even though i ordered through a catalogue, i was going to return the machine to a Sears store for a replacement. The only problem was that no store in my area had a machine in stock, nor were there any plans to stock them. I live in the Orlando, FL area.

sweliver
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
...Doesn't stock them either. I too bought off the net from Sears at about the same time as you for the discount which I rolled over to their 3 yr plan. My box came boogered up on the corners. I figured picking it up at the local Sears store vs UPS might save some abuse....NEGATIVE....the sears warehouse OP brings the box out on a dolly, bounces it off the curb whereupon I'm shouting "HEYYYYYY take it easy on the computer mojumbo". He's like what, it's just a power tool.

But, it's carving as expected and should I say I'm on the second board sensor also.

LHR should require Sears to have someone on staff who knows something about the machine. Now I like to go in there and when the pesky clerks ask if they can help me....."Sure you can sucka. I get this default message when starting a carve for center on length or shrink to fit or stay under rollers....I'm confused can you explain?". Guess where they go? to the Sears forum or the on line users guide.

Good luck with your saga, I really mean it. The machine is amazing for those of us who have one that works.

I'm hoping to start making some $$$ off of mine to justify another now that I'm over the learning curve .

sw

bizbiki
04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I bought my machine last May from Sears because my wife had a 15% off "your next purchase greater than 100 dollars" coupon from Sears. They, of course, did not have the machine in stock so they had to order it for me. Which at the time the local Sears store had an additional 10% discount off special running if they told you that the item was in stock and when you showed up it was not. Well the machine was not in stock so they gave me another 10 off of it; (total 25%) and 10 days later I got a phone call the machine was in and ready to be picked up.

I have no complaints with the service I got from Sears.

Louie

ScottS
04-10-2008, 01:59 AM
I ordered my machine from sears .com over the phone last friday . online it showed it was out of stock but I was told in store in 3-5 days. Monday I got a call and Email from Sears that it was out of stock and Backordered,also that"The Manufacture had told Them(SEARS) not to taske any more orders till they could fullfill there curent ones". I tried for an hour on the phone with sears dot com to locate one Close. I tried Kansas City KS,St.Louis mo,
Littlerock AR, and Ok city. None none none. Finally they would not look no more.
To make a long story short. I got lucky and at a local small town store up the road a nice young woman took the time Punched in zipps in her zone and found one outside Kansas City. Monday at noon I left for Independace KS 4 hours later I was there getting my Machine. Come to find out They had ordered one for a customer,and when Sears shipped them they sent 2. Now this if anyone knows Is a smaller Rural town.$2000 machins don't move real fast in These areas. So I guess I got lucky. Of Course The lady that helped me was at the 4th differnt store I called trying to get them to search just as she had down with no luck. Just a bunch of out of stock And I can't help.

ScottS

www.go3d.us
04-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Sorry to hear that.
I order mine from sears with no problem. I got some discount plus free shipping from site to store. I had it shipped to the nearest sears store for free and then come and pick it up myself. That way if something is broken I can refuse the item right then and there. I've carved a bunch of projects so far without any problems at all.
HT

geddins
04-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Ordered mine from Sears (online), and got an email in two hours that it was ready to be picked up....this was back in November, but the other day I was in, and they still have plenty of bits, etc....My Sears is OK by me!

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
04-12-2008, 11:38 AM
My sears is good by me too in Eastgate Ohio. They worked well for me and resolved any problems i had right away. I bought mine in January and all is well. Its gonna vary store to store and management to management.