PDA

View Full Version : new sign

sweliver
04-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Spent a lot of time on this today.

Still some tweaks but it's going to be carved X 2 this week in redwood. X 2 cause I'm gluing it back to back for a yard/mail box sign. The upper right quad has a ptn of a hop cone. The hop may end up as a ptn for sale on CW. Too much time spent sitting on my arse designing to give it all away.

My hourly rate is a $gazillion/hr. I'd rather be out whitewater kayaking, rock climbing, etc... http://sweliver.home.mchsi.com/ this web site is old cause I've been too active "playing" to update it and now this machine has me in its spell. When does it all stop???!!!!

happy carving,

sw

sweliver
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
It's my post....

now I'm not even going to share.

sw

forqnc
04-08-2008, 07:30 AM
It's my post....

now I'm not even going to share.

sw

Huh :confused:
I guess you took the Hop out?

sweliver
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
It "hopped" off on it's own.

I know, a pretty lame attempt at humor.

sw

sweliver
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Set it and forget it.

Started the test carve just before lunch, do some errands with the dog. Come home - lift the lid and vacuum what the downdraft can't get.

Geek a little - OK alot!

Go buy some redwood for the final carve....GOOD LORD! $6/bf? But, it's already machined and full width (1 X 12" X 10') Now I know why the sign dude website I recently browsed is charging $140 or there abouts for an unfinished 10 X 30" sign. A third of that is wood! You can tell I haven't bought good lumber in a while.

Now I'm off to present the prototype for final approval.

This is going to be a killer sign while it lasts. I say lasts because of the neighborhood....and family feuding.

sw

ChrisAlb
04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Steve,

Just took a look at you sign. Very Nice. You might want to square up those bottom lines before commiting such expensive wood to it.

Maybe that's some of the "tweaks" you mentioned?

Chris

sweliver
04-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I threw the original design together in a hurry to present to my friend via my laptop last evening. That was more or less a rough sketch. It's cool guys like you with skills review what's submitted here and notice those minute details and give back some positive criticism. Keep it coming.

sw

sweliver
04-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I pm'd you.

I appreciate all your input.

sw