PDA

View Full Version : Old/New Liberaries---Whats the deal??

bizbiki
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I recently had to reload my software program from LHR. When they emailed me the link the files contained more patterns than the 1.26 version that I was running earlier.

I have muliple fruits, more animals, more filiagrees, etc. A much more complete or diverse menu of things to choose from. When I called LHR this afternoon I was told that I received a "glitch" and wasnt quite sure as to why I got them but was very clear that these patterns are not available any longer. When asked why, I was not given a very good answer, I really wasnt given much of an answer at all. When I requested that I get another copy of the email to get the patterns loaded onto my computer at work I was told again that those patterns were not available any longer. I was not told not to use them nor was I told that these patterns would not carve properly.

All that being said whats going on with all of this??? Why are these patterns no longer availble?

Louie

DocWheeler
04-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Louie,

Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth!

bizbiki
04-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Doc,

I just dont understand why these patterns are not availible. In fact the first thing that attracted me to the carve wright was the angel pattern that I saw in an ad. In fact I felt a little chapped when I got my CC and didnt find that particular one, and told by one of the LHR techs that it was no longer in use.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiriciy theorist I wonder why LHR is not making them any longer, it could only help make their machine even more versitile.

Louie

Dan-Woodman
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Louie
Could it be possible you got a copy of the BETA testers library? When these machines first came out , us beta testers have extra files, or patterns, or whatever they call them.
later Daniel

bizbiki
04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Dan,

You are most likely right concerning the Beta version of the software but that still leaves the question why are these patterns no longer available and what else are we missing out on that is already out there?

oldjoe
04-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I have the angel pattern I am not sure when I recieved it it was either when I upgraded for my new Z pack or when I upgraded to 1.125 not sure I did both about the same time. I still have not upgraded to 1.126 not sure if I am going to do that or not.
If you would like it and if it is okay with the forum policy I would be happy to post it. I think its the one you want.

Dan-Woodman
04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
If I remember correctly, I think at one time someone did post the angel pattern. This was just after they came out with the downsized version of the software, and I was thinking to myself ,I bet CW wouldn't like us beta testers sharing free patterns that they could possibly selling to new customers. Just my thoughts.

later Daniel

Kenm810
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Check this Thread and posts from earlier this year
I believe you'll fine what your looking for. post #8
Missing Icons (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6259&highlight=Missing+patterns)

forqnc
04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the Link Ken, and posting the mpc's, not sure how I missed that thread.