PDA

View Full Version : I jinx myself on 13th carve

Cmdr.Rav
04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Here I was bragging 12 carvings in a row and this morning the 13th went south! I keep getting a close cover issue and a stuck rear roller. It was not the warmest this morning so I thought maybe that was it. No.....

So I gave it a good cleaning and noticed a post loose. It was loose on the bottom so I took off the bottom vented cover and found 2 bolts out and one loose and one missing. These bolts hold the side post for the head.

I am dissappointed I sent my CC to LHR and they needed to do work in that area. They missed replacing a bolt and I am not too sure about the other bolts.

I suggest to everyone to check these bolts top and bottom. I can see with all the movement the bolts can become loose. But there is no way a bolt could fall out of the bottom. Oh make sure the rectangle washer is with them.

It also a good way to clean the machine well. I knew I should have not bragged about 12 projects in a row!:lol:

Rav

cnsranch
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I've been having some intermittent problems with close cover also. Took both micro-switches out and checked them, the smallest one nearest the keypad is the one that's causing me problems. Comes out easily, I think I have something of a short at the connections - it cropped up again yesterday - gave the CW a little friendly slap above the switch and the problem went away.

Just FYI

eromran
04-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I've been having some intermittent problems with close cover also. Took both micro-switches out and checked them, the smallest one nearest the keypad is the one that's causing me problems. Comes out easily, I think I have something of a short at the connections - it cropped up again yesterday - gave the CW a little friendly slap above the switch and the problem went away.

Just FYIEvery time i have had problem with close cover its been this wire needing push on tighter or right about in that area. There is another tread with better picture just didn't find it.