PDA

View Full Version : Truck Assembly And Bit Optimization

jerrbitt
04-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Two questions:
1. The Y/Z Truck assembly -- normal to have a little play? Seems I can grab the chuck and move it just a hair. Appears the movement is in the entire assembly. As I said, it is just a hair and does not appear to affect the carvings but then again, its a new machine so how would I know.

2. I've seen on the forums advice to make sure bit optimization is set for "best" on all patterns. Does this hold true for text as well?

3. (I know, I said two) And when you upload a file, what is the meaning of the option for File Quality -- Draft - Normal - Best?

oldjoe
04-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Is the Y/Z movement is it sort of loose or are you putting enough force on it to cause the Y track to flex?
Bit optimization is mainly for carving nothing to do with centerline text or outline text.
When uploading a project that option is controlling the bit optimization for the carvings in the machine itself. You can tell this by watching th estimated time increase when you improve the quality from draft to best,
Hope this helps

jerrbitt
04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Is the Y/Z movement is it sort of loose or are you putting enough force on it to cause the Y track to flex?
Bit optimization is mainly for carving nothing to do with centerline text or outline text.
When uploading a project that option is controlling the bit optimization for the carvings in the machine itself. You can tell this by watching th estimated time increase when you improve the quality from draft to best,
Hope this helps

The chuck assembly is moving and more so when it is at the bottom as compared to the top. The bearing screws are tight and I don't see anything else in the way of adjustment. But again, like it said, it's not much but I've been told, there should be no movement at all.

mtylerfl
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Raster text will automatically be set to Bit Optimization "Best" when you place it on your design layout.

Regarding the chuck assembly: If the movement is "microscopic" so to speak, then you have nothing to worry about. If the amount of movement is measurable, then call Tech Support on Monday.