PDA

View Full Version : Litho

amanda0101
04-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Here is a litho I did for my friends birthday. It's her favorite actor John Krasinski. I think it came out pretty nice considering I only had a low resolution internet picture.

jackssib1
04-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks,,,
Jack

oldjoe
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
As always nice looking litho , what are you using for back light?

Fireman Phil
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Looks good. What size is it and what were your settings?

amanda0101
04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
For the back light I just use a 15 watt puck light. The size is approx. 5 x 7 set at 135 depth and 400 height

SandBuoy
04-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Another great lithophane Amanda as always. What was her reaction when you gave it to her. So far people that have seen the ones I did, not as good as yours, are really curious and love them.

amanda0101
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Another great lithophane Amanda as always. What was her reaction when you gave it to her. So far people that have seen the ones I did, not as good as yours, are really curious and love them.

she couldn't believe the detail!

jackssib1
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I gotta try that..
Thanks
Jack

brenda123
04-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Looks like a picture to me. Whats the big deal.

Steven Alford
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
It's not just a picture, it is carved in plastic with a light shining through the back. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Beautiful work.

Steve

ncamp
04-08-2008, 09:17 PM

Brenda,

The litho was scanned from a photo, reversed, cut into corian with the carvewright, and backlit.

Getting a piece of countertop to look like a picture is a big deal.

fwharris
04-08-2008, 11:05 PM

Have you tried it yet? You should and then you can answer your own question!

Eagle Hollow
04-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Can't this PMS be vented somewhere besides on this forum?????

Jerry

By the way, Amanda, that is a nice litho and a sweet thing to do for a friend. Keep carving and posting...everyone else really enjoys seeing your work!!

Jerry

SilentBob
04-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Three posts, all negitive. Any other board I'm on would tag her as a troll.

SandBuoy
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
or tag with a tazer

Jeff_Birt
04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Alright guys, that is enough! I know we are all used to a nice cordial relationship on this forum. In order to help maintain that we don't pick on each other, OK. Things get taken care of behind the scenes that you may not be aware of. So let's lay off, OK?

ChrisAlb
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Easy now folks. Everyone has their opinions. More often than not it's simply misunderstandings that cause the mobs to gather with ropes.

ncamp
04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Guys,

I looked back at my post and it seems a little argumentative (especially concerning the following posts).

That was not my intention. When I saw Brenda123's original post, I believed that she had not seen the lithos before, and did not understand the concept.

Coming in new, a post of a litho would look just like a picture to someone who had not seen one.

I was very impressed with Amanda's result and only wanted to point out the work associated with it.

If anyone found my response to be brusk or argumentative, again I am sorry, but that was not my intent.

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Lithopanes are awesome to behold and even more awesome to create. Nice Job, Keep up the good work.

And let's all just try to get along.

Again, very nicely done.

fwharris
04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Alright guys, that is enough! I know we are all used to a nice cordial relationship on this forum. In order to help maintain that we don't pick on each other, OK. Things get taken care of behind the scenes that you may not be aware of. So let's lay off, OK?

Jeff,
Thanks for this post. Yes I did probably did over react to the 3 posts as others did. Just thought they were out of line. Will not happen again....

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
That's the Spirit, Positive feeback....

Eagle Hollow
04-09-2008, 02:03 PM

Yup, Jeff, you're right. Almost everything in this forum is positive...and...one wrong doesn't make the other three right.My apologies...won't happen again.

Jerry

SandBuoy
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Okay maybe the Tazer was a little much. Just trying to put a little humor into it and smoothing thing down.

Steven Alford
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Me too guys, I took the original post to mean that she had never seen one before and thought it was just a photo, no malicious intent on my part. Heck, I'm too young (newbie) on the board to start getting vicious!!

Steve

brenda123
04-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Ummm okay look i didnt know what it was i thought it was just a pic. I didnt know it was carving or art. I wasnt being mean, i dont have a carver my neighbor does and he dont have net sooo i look for ideas for him. Anyways i was in no way being mean. But the last couple comments were mean and offensive and (PMS), sexist. Welp last post sorry about the misunderstanding and that i dont know what a litho is. How in the world could i imagine a carver could do something like that. I just seen some cool wood carvings my neighbor has done. Bye and sorry im stupid.

LittleRedWoodshop
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
What you are doing for your neighbor is very admirable. Thank you for helping a fellow "Carver" keep abreast of all of the New stuff that is going on.

You are not stupid, just new to the wonderful world of the CW/CC machine, the sky is really the limit of what this thing can do.

Sorry for any ill feelings that you have felt, keep checking for new stuff and always fell free to ask questions and post comments.

Quote, "Lithopanes... a lithopane is a carved picture that when backlit by natural light or using a bulb becomes a beautiful three dimensional picture."