PDA

View Full Version : Good News; Bad News

andes
04-05-2008, 12:08 AM
About a week ago, I strated receiving an axis error, after replacing my QC. Worked with LHR, and found that I needed to install upgrades. The sent me a A907 Z motor new bundle. The bad news is, I have no idea what are how to install the parts, as there wasn't any install documentation. So I really really need some help on this one. Does anyone out there have instll insturctions

Andes

beachman
04-05-2008, 05:59 AM
contact lhr support,they will email the instructions to you

oldjoe
04-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I think Al ( Digitalworkshop) has a post on how to do it. Its not hard did it one myself in December or so just took my time and took some picture on how everything came apart.

DocWheeler
04-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Joe,

That is a good idea, all my life I've prided myself in being able to put things back together after I "fixed" something. Lately it seems that either things are more complex, or God forbid, I'm slipping, but things don't seem to re-assemble as easily. Since I had never done it before,I never thought of pictures.

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2008, 12:01 PM
The only tricky part was re threading the new flat cable in the holder with the end contacts pointing the right way to work and getting the length from the plastic holder correct to reach. You don't want to keep making the sharp bend over and over weakening the cable if you need to re adjust it.

I took pictures and laid the new cable on the old cable still in the holder and with a marker made ref marks. It helped but I still needed to look at the pictures again.

Good Luck,

AL

I posted some pictures. In the last picture I had a problem with the Z Encoder hitting the back of my top cover and the tension screw hitting sloppy plastic tabs on the cover too. Had to use my palm sander to remove the plastic.

Where the Z Cable slides into the black plastic holder on the Z, after it was installed and the screw in the plastic holder I placed a piece of Masking tape over the cable at the junction of the plastic cover acting as a strain relief. I didn't want to use glue of RTV and tape removes easily.

andes
04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank you everyone, I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. Hope to be back up and running.

Andes

AskBud
04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Al,
I hope you don't mind. I converted your post into a DPF for those that wish to save it with the rest of their repair items.
AskBud

andes
04-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Removed the Z motor without to much of an issue, but there is one thing that was not mentioned in the instructions. There is a small cable that I have a question about. See the photos, the screw driver is pointing to the part I make mention of. On the new motor there isn't a connection of this sort. So I can only assume that its to be removed. But it appears to be connected in the front also. So is this cable to be removed? If so how? If not were where is it reconnect to the new system. But either way, I need to know how to disconnect it.

Thanks

Andes

Jeff_Birt
04-05-2008, 05:45 PM
If you are talking about the 1/4" wide ribbon cable that goes down to the Z-truck; it is not used any longer. You don't even need to try and remove it. Just tuck it away where it won't get caught in something.

andes
04-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Yep. that the one. Thanks

Andes

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey AskBud,

That turned out great. Your welcome to do that for my "Anatomy of 101 stuff"....

That could be handy.

Thanks,

AL

andes
04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Ok, finished the install, went to do a test cut, but I am getting the Please close cover error - right off the bat. Did a serch of the forum and tried to apply the checks I found, but not having much success. when I turn on the system it goes to

Accessory Menu
1) Scan Area

then to the please close cover error. The only thing I haven't done is remove the cover again. Any suggestions?

Andes

Old Salt
04-05-2008, 10:38 PM
you need to reset scan setting
ck instructions on how to simple but been to long to remember the steps

andes
04-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Not sure if you are speaking of, when you go into the user options and change from Z-track to Cover, I did that. If there are other setting that need to be reset, not sure what that is. I will look in the manual again, to see if I miss something.

Thanks

Andes

mtylerfl
04-06-2008, 06:48 AM
After you put your card in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

andes
04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Micheal, I did that I still get the same error.

Andes

mtylerfl
04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Hello,

If you have the newer-type Z truck and everything is plugged in (correctly), that should have worked for you.

You may need to call Tech Support to let them know what's going on.

andes
04-06-2008, 04:29 PM
I will prob have to do that, cause I installed the z bundle they sent me. The bad thing is, I have to wait until I have another day off, before I call, in case they want me to perform some diag on the system via phone. :-( I'm just a bit bummed out - only 10 hrs of time on the system -- I really would like to get it up before the warrenty runs out LOL!

Thanks

Andes