PDA

View Full Version : Sent Machine in for Repair.... and...

hetzerguitars
04-03-2008, 08:31 PM
So I sent the machine in for repair. See previous posts for all the problems. I sent it 2nd Day Delivery on the 17th of March. It was received on the 20th.
I hadn't heard back from them. I called and a tech said that he could confirm it was received. He said they were working on machines from the 13th of March (on March 26th). So I am waiting. That's not too bad, a two week back log. Hell to get my Bandsaw repaired it was over a month.

But, I guess they will call or something? They should be starting on mine soon. I put a bunch of notes in etc... How does this work from here ? Do I call them? Do they call me? Anyone? Also, how does this effect my warrenty?
Does it extend for the time they had it? Does it reset?

BTW, I am going out of my mind trying to build everything I will need for when I receive a working machine finally. Cutting wood, making a new sled, drawing stuff, It's like it was the first day I got it.

- Jim

hotpop
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Jim,

I put a bunch of notes in etc... How does this work from here ? Do I call them? Do they call me? Anyone? Also, how does this effect my warranty?
Does it extend for the time they had it? Does it reset?

My machine had three trips to TX. The total turn around time was about three weeks. You don't need to call them and they won't call you unless they don't understand the problem. I believe they now include a note declaring what work was done.

I'm not sure about this but I think as far as the warranty is concerned you could argue with them for additional time on the warranty that you lost do to being serviced.

I believe that the 100 hr. mark on the cut motor is a cut and dry issue for termination.