PDA

View Full Version : X-axis

Gunner
04-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I seem to be getting lines across the board from top to bottom. As if the machine was moving the board too far between passes. I'm wondering if the Board Tracking Sensor is not reading correctly. The board has a clean straight edge, and I'm using tape so that the wheel has a good contact. The rubber O-ring is in good shape. This has happened on the last two carves. This is the 4th carve on this machine. Note :when lowering head tracking value increases from 0.000 to 0.009 as head pressure sets at the 5th click. Anyone had this problem before? And yes the board is 7" longer than virtual board,stay under rollers,do not cut,etc. I think this happened to Amanda a few months back but, can't find thread on what she did to resolve issue.

Jeff_Birt
04-02-2008, 10:19 AM
First make sure that your board can freely move in the machine and that you sliding guide plate is not too tight. If that does not help, give CW a call as what you are seeing can also be a symptom of a bad Z-motor pack.

Gunner
04-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks Jeff, I repaired the Z-motor but, didn't replace it yet. I'll give that a try. The old Z-motor had loose screws holding the motor to the gear drive so, I figured if I tightened them up the problem would be solved. Worked for awhile. I guess I'll replace the whole pack. Thanks again.

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I had a problem like that and found the board was not flush to the left guide and was slowly walking away from the guide making less contact from the tape.

AL

Gunner
04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks Al, I was watching for that also but it didn't slide away. It actually looked like the belts were moving about 1/8" between carves . Unfortunately I don't have a runout mike to do the actual measurement. But , I'll try the Z-pack first. They sent me one ,I just didn't replace it like I said in the 2'nd post.Thanks for all the help, I'll let ya know what happens.