PDA

View Full Version : first Problem first test cut

cncjunky
04-02-2008, 09:59 AM
i got my machine two day ago on my fist try to test cut the board, it running for about 30 second the screw holding the guide baring from an z axes fell out. LO (WTF) after i screw the baring back on open the cover and checking all the screw found three more screw it loose. i think machine was make monday morning by some dude still got a hang over.. back on testing i try to cut feed the the board on the second try every thing seem to work ok. my fifth test i try to check for repeat loop test, the X axes some how stall keep go back and forth, and it increase the back and forth motion for about 20 second and the traction belt broke OMG. i call carvewright to buy the tractiong bell they say they not sell to canadian, (WTF) poor me my canadian dollar is no good. i ask them is sear selling accesories for this machine. they said no. the only place i could get a replacement accesorie is from carvewright, Dam now i am my own. is any one know who sell the traction belt in bellingham WA. ??

MikeMcCoy
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
You can try http://customsandingbelts.com/ and see if they ship to Canada. The belt isn't listed on the site but their customer service reps know what it takes. Other than that, post for some help on the U.S. side of your location and see if you can get someone to help you.

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems. The back and forth X of the belts was due to a jammed board. Most likely the right guide was touching the board causing binding, or the board was tapered in thickness, or you had the head cranked down too tight. Is the shop warm? The machine hates 50 degrees....

Loose screws.... Ouch.... That is not good.....

Not sure what you are going to do about living above the boarder. Something about Canada about not selling machines there, could be the environmental laws like EU.

Good Luck,

AL

While the machine is down spend time reading the forum. There are a lot of answers to future problems you will encounter.

Jeff_Birt
04-02-2008, 10:17 AM
i got my machine two day ago on my fist try to test cut the board, it running for about 30 second the screw holding the guide baring from an z axes fell out. LO (WTF) after i screw the baring back on open the cover and checking all the screw found three more screw it loose.

That stinks :(, after having worked on a lot of equipment over the years, I always tend to check things for looseness. It's good idea to give your machine a once over every month or so to make sure nothing has vibrated loose.

back on testing i try to cut feed the the board on the second try every thing seem to work ok. my fifth test i try to check for repeat loop test, the X axes some how stall keep go back and forth, and it increase the back and forth motion for about 20 second and the traction belt broke OMG.

This sounds like your board got jammed in the machine. It is very important that you use good quality, flat stock, that is parallel on the sides. The sliding guide plate should not be push hard up against the wood. I suggest folding over a piece of paper and using it as a spacer between the wood and guide plate. This help prevent getting it too tight. Once you have the guide plate set then slide the board back and forth to make sure it can freely travel through the machine.

As for getting replacement belts CW is not directly doing business outside the US right now. I know they have several other distributors that might be able to get you parts. Do a search of the forum for 'Canadian' as this same question has come up before and you will likely find some names of companies to look for.

Also, go the main CW website: http://www.carvewright.com/, and look under the support tab. You will find lots of good information in the tutorials and Tips&Tricks section.