PDA

View Full Version : For the undecided!!

OKCCarver
04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Hello all!
I've been lurking around the forums for about a month now, and I've seen alot of people asking whether or not they should purchase a CC/CW. Well, I was one of those that finally got tired of seeing all the excellent work being produced and not being able to join in the fun, and took the plunge. I wanted to share my experience(very limited) with the CW. I have had my CW for approx. 2 weeks. I have completed about 14 projects up to this point. Some just for fun and learning, others for family and friends. Most were about 1:45 min in length, 2 hrs max. The CW has performed flawlessly, without so much as a hiccup. Unless you count me loading the board on a front/back carve backwards and having it come out upside down! :rolleyes: Anyway, I just wanted to drop a quick note with something positive about the system. We see alot of postings about people having issues with the machine, but very few that actually say it's working!!! :D As someone on here posted before, those of us without problems aren't posting them because we are busy turning big pieces of wood into small ones!!!

The very limited advice that I can offer prespective owners is READ, READ, READ, and when you think you know it all, READ some more. Ths forum has helped me tremedously, and all I have done is READ! There is a slight learning curve, but nothing that can't be oversome with a little patience.

Thanks Everyone!
Dave

badger
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Hello all!
but nothing that can't be overcome with a little patience.

Thanks Everyone!
Dave

That is the key word right there. Individuals with little or no patience at all might want to think another route. Matter of fact with No patience, you might want to consider something else besides woodworking period.

fwharris
04-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Dave,

First of all welcome to the world of CW. Great post and glad your CW is making saw dust.. Hope to see some of your work in the gallery.

TIMCOSBY
04-02-2008, 01:31 AM
14,000 machines out there and to my best guese about 100 with problems that post here seems pretty good ods