PDA

View Full Version : CCM Issue

OKCCarver
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello All,
First let me start off by saying this is my first official post in the forum!!! WHOO HOO!! I've had my CW for about 3 weeks now and let me say...MAN IS THIS THING AWESOME!!!! :D I'll save the intro for another time so, on my question.....

I'm one of the unlucky ones getting the CCM error. Mine only occurs when I first begin a carve. We're talking before the bit ever touches the board. The cut motor turns on to get up oto speed, but immediately shuts down and I get the infamous error! :mad: Anyway, I did a search and have come to the conclusion that this isn't really a HUGE issue that I should worry about. I've tried removing the dust collector with no change. It seems that the consensus on the forum is that it's a airfow/heat issue, and nothing that I should be overly concerned about. This only started on the last 4/5 carvings. It hasn't been doing this from day one. Anyway, am I incorrect in assuming that this isn't a MAJOR issue or :confused:..

Great forum guys/gals....You don't know how much you've helped me get this far!! THANKS!!!

Dave

Dan-Woodman
04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Dave
Are you running version 1.126? That has fixed it for a lot of us . It does it automatically .
The motor starts up and then instead of having the CCM error , it just speeds up all by it's self.
later Daniel

pkunk
04-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I've had the same CCM error on my machine since it was new, and has ceased to be a bother. I expect it! Hit resume, fire up the DC & walk away. :)

OKCCarver
04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Daniel,
Yes I am running v1.126.

Phunk,
Just as I suspected! And exactly what I've been doing!!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Dave

OKCCarver
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Daniel,
Yes I am running v1.126.

Phunk,
Just as I suspected! And exactly what I've been doing!!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Dave

Opps...make that pkunk! LOL!!

hotpop
04-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Maybe I shouldn't ask but what is a CCM error?

fwharris
04-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Maybe I shouldn't ask but what is a CCM error?

Check Cut Motor...And why shouldn't You??

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Your answer is here for the reading only posted 5 days ago. #10 has your answer. Remember any problem you have with the machine has been talked about before and most likely answered. There was a day when CCM posts were 25 % of the activity.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6765&highlight=cut+motor

AL

hotpop
04-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Check Cut Motor...And why shouldn't You??I've been on this forum almost daily for the last 6 months. It amazes me how much I still don't know about the CW and Designer.