PDA

View Full Version : First Problem

jerrbitt
04-01-2008, 06:26 PM
My machine has encountered its first problem other than the operator. I was preparing to carve and after doing all its measuring, it started to carve. No sooner than a few seconds, 2--3, I heard a noise and saw that the bit had fallen out of the chuck -- actually "stabbed" the wood. Immediately stopped it and after reinserting the bit a few times to make sure it was truly engaged this time, I commenced to set up to carve again. After measuring, and before the truck goes to the bit plate, I get a message of a board problem.

I did a search for "board problem:, "loading a board,: etc. Not much there that helps but then again, perhpas my search was not exhaustive. Tried another board and this time said I did not want to stay under the rollers ( the board is over 7 inches longer that the pattern) same results -- board problem.

Help please.

While waiting for posts, decided to try a different board and different pattern i-- works just fine

Reinstalled original board and patter -- same message "Check for Board Problem"

Jeff_Birt
04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Try uploading the project to the card again.

mtylerfl
04-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Hello Jerrbitt,

Is the board cupped or warped?

Since you mentioned the other project worked with a different board and different pattern layout, my thought is the "troublesome" board may have a defect of some type. You could post the mpc for us to take a look at too, in case there is something about the project that is causing the error (unlikely, but possible). (Don't post the mpc though, if it contains any unprotected/un-copyprotected commercial patterns.)

forqnc
04-02-2008, 07:45 AM
I was preparing to carve and after doing all its measuring, it started to carve. No sooner than a few seconds, 2--3,

Is it possible, since it started to carve this was why the machine was seeing a problem with the board?

jerrbitt
04-02-2008, 08:52 AM
After trying a new upload to the card, I palned/jointed all four sides and that solved the problem. The machine apparently has high standads because I certainly thought the board was okay the first time around.

Appreciate the suggestions.

mtylerfl
04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
After trying a new upload to the card, I palned/jointed all four sides and that solved the problem. The machine apparently has high standads because I certainly thought the board was okay the first time around.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Hi Jerrbitt,

Yeh, sometimes I can get away with a slightly cupped board, sometimes not. The machine can be particular alright.