PDA

View Full Version : Crank Problem

04-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Help! I had a stripped screw head in the crank handle that I had to cut off. In the process the entire assemble came out of the machine. I viewed the parts list and reassembled it exactly as it showed. Now every time I put the side back on and try to crank the head, the assembly comes loose and will not crank the head up or down. I have manually cranked the head up and down by the gear inside, so there is no problem there. When I turn the handle clockwise the shaft tightens up and will not turn any further. It seems that the entire shaft is turning. When I turn it the other way the assembly comes loose. Is there a special procedure for doing this or am I forced to replace the entire side from LHR? Thanks for any help you can give me.

DocWheeler
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM

It sounds as though the flats on the side of the crank assembly are not being put through the oblong washer inside. Look in the hole with the assembly removed and you will see what I mean. You just need to fuss with it until you get it in position.

geddins
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I had this exact problem...I fiddled with it forever...finally called LHR and the fella I spoke with said "that's tough to put back together correctly"...so he sent me a new left stabilizer with the crank installed (my unit's still in warranty)!

04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks GEDDINS for your input. I called LHR today and spoke with Daniel. He listened courteously about my problem and without any hesitation he said he will send out the part at no cost because my machine is still under warranty. This is a load off my mind...Here's hoping they will reengineer this part for future problems, so we can remedy it without going to LHR.

geddins
04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey, that's great!