PDA

View Full Version : Pop Art

SandBuoy
04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
After looking threw some of the great projects being made it hit me that maybe some of the peices will be concidered Pop Art down the road. I watch Antique Raod show once in a while. They show all kinds of hand made peices even as late as the 50s bringing some nice estimates. Was wondering how many people sign, date and put a location on their work.

If nothing else, would be nice to have this information for some relative or buyer down the road to see and have.

Ken Massingale
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
After looking threw some of the great projects being made it hit me that maybe some of the peices will be concidered Pop Art down the road. I watch Antique Raod show once in a while. They show all kinds of hand made peices even as late as the 50s bringing some nice estimates. Was wondering how many people sign, date and put a location on their work.

If nothing else, would be nice to have this information for some relative or buyer down the road to see and have.
I use an electric branding iron on my furniture, turnings and carvings. Then I sign it with a black Sharpie. Stuff too small to brand just gets a signature.

Bubbabear
04-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I also use a branding iron. lord only knows if i signed it no one would ever be able to read it

gtj44
04-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I've used a nice script font (centerline) and signed the back with date and let the CC carve it on the back with a 60 degree bit.

Kenm810
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I,ve been doing it for some time now, all I do is up date the year.
and keep a record and photo file on each piece.
The A.R.I. stands for Art In Reserve -- storage