PDA

View Full Version : Y Ax's Stall @#$%^& = $$$

ATL1160
03-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I get this all the time. The machine starts to carve a project and it stops ((( Y AX'S STALL )))

1ST verly got started at 15 % machine stops Y ax's stall.
2nd Got new boad started new project at 86 % machine stops Yax's stall.
3rd get another new board start new project at 10% machine stops Y AX'S stall ..

I read the maual at the end of the booklet. on checking the Y ax's
It was not at0.000 I moved it all the way to the right 0.115 moved it all the way to the left as far as it would go. Then moved it all the way back to the right got -13. I repetted this several time and never got the same number#.

1 st try -13
2nd 0.250
3rd .0349
4th .0348
5th .0448
6t5h -15.

I did notice that it had a littel skip noise at times.

What is wroung the project where carving very well untill it gets the Y ax's stall.
I messard off the boards and had 3.5+ on each side of the boards. And had room around the project so that the rollers whould not be bothered. The boards had no bends or warps in them and all edges where the same size.

I just got this machine back from the carvewright repair shop around 2 weeks ago. I like this machine and want to get it back up and running.

Any information on this ((( Y AX"S STALL ))) will be helpfull.

SandBuoy
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
ALT, I get that all the time and Heres my 2 cents. Its a problem with uploading the project onto the memory card. Personally I think you have a bad memory card and not the computer tranfer and heres why.

I have started 6 projects that have had this very problem. I go in reload the project onto the card, slide it back into the machine and it cuts the project completely. It even start so close to the same beginning point I don;t see any blemishes or evidence that I have even started over. All 6 competely finished the carve but 1. It stopped at 15%, then 35% and the last time completed the 2 hours carve.

Yesterday morning I started to run another clock face. Put the card in the machine and got a black line across the screen. Took it out, blow it off, blew lightly into the slot and still nothing. Did this maybe times times with the same results. Took the card in started to load the project and designer said the card was corrupted and couldn't be written to. I re formatted and it worked. Took it out and it worked in the machine and I carved the job.

I am placing a order tonight for two new cards. I been waiting to buy some belts and other things I want so I combine shipping. Now the time.

Hope this information helps you out.

ATL1160
04-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I cant even complet a project. I even went back a up loaded a new project and still cant complet . I even deleted all projects on the card. And still Yax's stalll.

Digitalwoodshop
04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Because the Y and Z are BELT driven and you moving them from limit to limit and getting different numbers is somewhat OK.... There is a slight error factor in the belt slop.... A loose X belt adjusted on the right side can cause bigger errors.

Troubleshooting the Encoders is really about looking at the numbers counting up or down as you slowly move the encoder. A jump in numbers = a bad encoder usually caused by the wires breaking at the circuit board. Like a spark plug in your car missing one can cause problems. The transition from the Wire Soldered to the circuit board and the very thin trace on the circuit board usually gets a fracture in it and causes the problems.

Monitoring the Encoder Data and slightly tapping on the Y or Z could show a loose connection in a jump in numbers.

If you are doing the limit check side to side or up and down, using a constant motion vice slamming it into the stop will give you a more consistent reading. Slamming causes the spinning motor mass to relieve some of the pressure when you slam into the limit like you feel your body move forward when you slam on your car brakes..... If you gently press your brakes you don't move forward in you seat.... Same with the drive belts for the Y and Z. You go from pulling it as you move it to the slam stop and the belt starts to push because the motor is still trying to spin from the motion....

I hope this makes this issue as clear as MUD...... I sure do miss my Navy Electronics Instructor days... But Retirement is better.....:)

I have a bunch of experience with Lost Motion as my last 4 years in San Diego I was on a Navy Weapons Alignment Team. We would go out at Midnight and set up Land Surveyor Transits all over the Ship and do Weapons Alignment. Since the ship will twist in heavy sea's the round roller path that the Gun Mount rolls on could be twisted from the Radar that aims it. And at 12 miles away that difference could mean a miss or a hit. After doing all the measurements the correction data is entered in the computer to remove mechanical errors. As part of that measurement we align and confirm the gun and missile launchers mechanical position to it's electronic encoder or in this case Synchro data. It is important when taking measurements to move the Gun or launcher it one direction and slowly stop on a Telescope or Optic mark on the ship. Doing this a few times in each direction and recording the data and averaging all the readings gets you the most accurate data removing lost motion of grease in the gears and gear wear.

You might wonder why we do this at Midnight?..... Well the Ship has shrunk down as it cooled off from the day's sun. As the sun comes up and one side of the ship starts to expand as the sun warms the metal one side of the ship becomes bigger.... This tilts the Guns, Missiles and Radars..... You can actually see the difference watching through a Transit.

OK.... Too much DATA..... Must be the Coffee..... Early Morning in the shop, it's warm, the birds are chirping, the shop door is open, Fresh Air, Life is GOOD....

Good Luck,

AL

ATL1160
04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Started a new project got at 1 % and Y ax's stall. Pulled the board out put in a new 1 and re started the project . The machine turned on and truck was moveing and the carveing bit was not spining.

I stoped the machine pulled the flex shaft out and put it back in . Re started the machine. As for now it looking ok and runing smoth At 5%.