PDA

View Full Version : Industrial Chain Lube with Moly

Dhaffner
03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey, it seems like some people have trouble finding this (I did). I know you can order it online, but sometimes you need it NOW!

Just an FYI, I looked it up on Gunk's web site and there are a variety of distributors...but many of them don't seem to actually carry it (My Home Depot didn't). One place that has definitely had it for me is O'Reilly Auto Parts. I called 3 local shops and they all had some in stock. So that's a place you can try if you're having trouble.

They also list Farm and Fleet, and Ace Hardware. I didn't try Farm and Fleet, but 2 Ace Hardwares in town didn't have any.

Good luck all! (heh, I don't even have my machine yet and I'm hauling all over town trying to find lube for it. I need help).

SandBuoy
03-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks Dhaffner,

I did the same thing. Asked to people what to get ordered it and had some of the parts before the machine got here. Had the lubes and got some other things I use to clean the machine. I went and got a mini vacumn set of accessories made for computers. Figured they wouldn't pull wires and would get down in those very small places.

thomasj
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Got some yesterday at Tractor Supply Company in S. Jersey.

SKU Number: 0130164 $ 3.29

Not available on line at this time...

www.TractorSupply.com

jerrbitt
03-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Don't know that I'd get that excited that it has to Be Gunk Industrial Chain Saw Lube. I too checked all over town and gave up and bought chain saw lube - spray- at an auto parts store. I sprayed the cable in a plastic bag and let the cable soak in it. After five minutes or so, let it drip "dry" for an hour or so and reinstalled it. I've run two projects since then each about an hour and a half of cutting time and measured the temperature abaout three quarters into the cut and it was running at 86 degrees -- which is pretty good from what've seen posted.

Jeff_Birt
03-31-2008, 06:31 PM
It's not 'Chain Saw lube', it 'Industrial Chain Lube', as in roller chain. Chainsaw chain lube is basically 30 wt motor oil cut with kerosene, definatly not something you want to lubricate your flex shaft with.

jerrbitt
03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Appreciate the advice and I'll continue looking. Home Depot does carry it but my store was all out when I checked.

LittleRedWoodshop
03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
I just bought some today at O'Reilly Auto Parts (made by Liquid Wrench)

Ken Massingale
04-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Appreciate the advice and I'll continue looking. Home Depot does carry it but my store was all out when I checked.
I ordered it from the manuf. and had it in 3 days. You should get it faster since they are located in N.C.

Gunner
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
You could also try your local Harley Dealer. They usually carry it.